Personally, I am more enthused about Amsterdam, thinking about the canals, Van Gogh museum, cycles, walk around Joordan, day-trip to Zaanse Schanse, etc. I am going to Berlin as it is logically on my way towards Austria and ofcourse is a must-visit place from European travel point of view. I know I sound rather ignorant when I speak of Berlin & I am hoping to be proven wrong when I visit. But there are places which call out to you (Paris, Rome, Seville, Bali, Cinque Terre, Amalfi) and then some just don't. But being a frst timer in this part of Europe, I do want to go to Berlin for sure.
How about 4 days in Amsterdam & 3 in Berlin? I have a feeling I'd get a lot of replies stating exactly the reverse?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 2 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 3 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 4 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 5 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 6 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 7 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Madrid city centre?
- 10 Puglia
- 11 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 12 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 13 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 14 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 15 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 16 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 17 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 18 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 19 My First Trip to Europe...
- 20 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 21 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 24 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 25 France to stop making foie grois