Personally, I am more enthused about Amsterdam, thinking about the canals, Van Gogh museum, cycles, walk around Joordan, day-trip to Zaanse Schanse, etc. I am going to Berlin as it is logically on my way towards Austria and ofcourse is a must-visit place from European travel point of view. I know I sound rather ignorant when I speak of Berlin & I am hoping to be proven wrong when I visit. But there are places which call out to you (Paris, Rome, Seville, Bali, Cinque Terre, Amalfi) and then some just don't. But being a frst timer in this part of Europe, I do want to go to Berlin for sure.
How about 4 days in Amsterdam & 3 in Berlin? I have a feeling I'd get a lot of replies stating exactly the reverse?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 2 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 3 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 4 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 5 Paris GTG - October 21
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Holding bags in Paris
- 8 2 weeks in Europe in April
- 9 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 10 Car and Driver to Tour the Baltics?
- 11 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 12 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 13 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 14 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 15 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 16 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 17 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 18 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 19 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 20 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 21 Rome
- 22 Cornwall and Germany
- 23 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Gtg during Christmastime?