I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 2 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 3 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 4 European Championship
- 5 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 8 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 9 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 10 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 11 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 12 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 13 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 14 Italy by car
- 15 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 18 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 19 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 20 Ireland in October?
- 21 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 22 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 23 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 24 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 25 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt