I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 2 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 3 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 6 Chamonix to Paris
- 7 Scotland and London 21 days
- 8 Rome to venice
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 11 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 12 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 13 Rome-Itinerary
- 14 Ireland itinerary help please
- 15 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 16 help with Italy itinerary
- 17 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 18 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 19 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 20 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 23 Praiana to Positano
- 24 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 25 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please