I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 2 How to avoid waiting in line visiting Paris top monuments
- 3 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 4 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 5 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 6 Belgium advice
- 7 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 8 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 9 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 10 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 11 Amalfi or Positano
- 12 Rome to Positano
- 13 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 14 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 15 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 16 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 18 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 19 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 20 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 21 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 22 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 23 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website