I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 2 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 3 CDG to Marais transfer
- 4 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 5 London best location
- 6 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 7 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 8 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 9 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 10 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 11 Transportation Question Italy
- 12 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 London Restaurants
- 16 Train tickets in Italy?
- 17 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 18 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 19 Corsica
- 20 17 days in England
- 21 VENICE
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 25 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please