I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Europe itinerary questions
- 4 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 5 Amsterdam hotels
- 6 Paris hotels
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 10 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 11 We're here!
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Brugge hotel help
- 17 Old European currency
- 18 Denmark or Sweden?
- 19 Five night Ireland Trip
- 20 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 London Hotels
- 23 10 days in Paris and......
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 1 month in Europe