I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 Italy in October
- 4 Guides - Matera
- 5 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 6 Cork or Galway?
- 7 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 8 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 9 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 10 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 11 Seville in late January
- 12 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 2 days brussel day trip london?
- 15 Well, I'm always warning people
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 18 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 19 3 days to spend in europe
- 20 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 21 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 22 Beaches in Southern France
- 23 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 24 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 25 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP