I recently posted a question asking for help to find accommodation in Berlin/which were the best neighborhoods to stay in. Now, i'm after some advice for the Amsterdam leg of our trip
I am having a lot of issues finding decently priced accommodation for us. I do understand that Amsterdam is very expensive, however it is turning out to be more expensive than Paris accommodation wise according to my research!
We are a couple in our early 20s, looking to stay somewhere central that isn't too far away from nightlife, restaurants, attractions. We will be in Amsterdam for 5 nights, in either August or October (waiting on partners leave for work to be confirmed) I have received such great advice from fodorites in the past, that any advice you have for this topic would be so appreciated. Our budget is between 90-135 euros a night (is this possible?). We are struggling to find accommodation in this price range.
Would it be a better idea to rent an apartment via AirBNB or VRBO? Do any of the readers have any suggestions on good hotels/apartments they have stayed in before?
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yankees vs Astros
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 7 Paris to Italy
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 11 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 Road trip with our dog
- 19 Frankfurt to UK
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 22 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 23 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 24 Electrical Power Conversion
- 25 Douro Valley in January?