I recently posted a question asking for help to find accommodation in Berlin/which were the best neighborhoods to stay in. Now, i'm after some advice for the Amsterdam leg of our trip
I am having a lot of issues finding decently priced accommodation for us. I do understand that Amsterdam is very expensive, however it is turning out to be more expensive than Paris accommodation wise according to my research!
We are a couple in our early 20s, looking to stay somewhere central that isn't too far away from nightlife, restaurants, attractions. We will be in Amsterdam for 5 nights, in either August or October (waiting on partners leave for work to be confirmed) I have received such great advice from fodorites in the past, that any advice you have for this topic would be so appreciated. Our budget is between 90-135 euros a night (is this possible?). We are struggling to find accommodation in this price range.
Would it be a better idea to rent an apartment via AirBNB or VRBO? Do any of the readers have any suggestions on good hotels/apartments they have stayed in before?
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ex-pats with young kids
- 2 My Topic TitleYAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h 24/7
- 3 Maximizing Norway time
- 4 Greece
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 southeast sicily town as home base
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 12 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 13 London with Teens Trip Report
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Top Tapas Tascas
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Ludwig Castles
- 21 Best Viking Sites
- 22 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 23 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 24 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 25 Hotels in Turin