So new travellers know that everyone's experience is different. I stopped at the post office in Mollages, Provence to ask directions to a chambre d'hote. What little french I know was a mess to them. A young women overhearing my attempt at conversation invited us to follow her, she would take us there.We were invited later to he home for some pastis and we have seen eachother every year since. One year we were in staying at a farm in the southwest. A couple from Belguim had problems starting his car. My husband volunteered to take the man to a gas station for help. We see this couple every year now, And in Normandy, We always stay our last night at a chambre d'hote that we like so much because that couple have become our friends.My husband and I are not fluent in French but we like nice people.
Americans who are welcomed in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 2 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 3 seven days in Portugal
- 4 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 5 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 6 I need a haircut
- 7 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 8 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 9 We Need a Pact
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Madrid and London
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 17 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 20 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 21 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 22 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 flea markets in France