So new travellers know that everyone's experience is different. I stopped at the post office in Mollages, Provence to ask directions to a chambre d'hote. What little french I know was a mess to them. A young women overhearing my attempt at conversation invited us to follow her, she would take us there.We were invited later to he home for some pastis and we have seen eachother every year since. One year we were in staying at a farm in the southwest. A couple from Belguim had problems starting his car. My husband volunteered to take the man to a gas station for help. We see this couple every year now, And in Normandy, We always stay our last night at a chambre d'hote that we like so much because that couple have become our friends.My husband and I are not fluent in French but we like nice people.
Americans who are welcomed in Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek islands from Turkey
- 2 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 3 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 4 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 TGV and Provence questions
- 7 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 8 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 9 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 10 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 11 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 12 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Madrid to Sevilla
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 First time traveler to Ireland
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg