I was going to respond to the other similar thread, but since I live in Germany my circumstances are a bit different. I thought it would be interesting to hear what others in the same situation miss from home. I miss having 50 English TV channels! I also miss all the healthy, low fat options (canned soup, etc) at the grocery store. And my family and friends, of course. The longer I live here, the less I miss. Anyone else?
Americans living in Europe, Europeans living in America: what do you miss?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Medieval Tallinn
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 11 One more last question on Bayeux
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Italian language schools
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 When to visit Provence updated info
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 18 Lucerne & Zurich
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Venice in Jan
- 22 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 23 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 24 How early to get to CDG
- 25 Berlin