My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Cashel
- 2 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 3 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 4 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 5 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 6 Help with Lucerne in April
- 7 Time required from CDG airport to Louvre Museum?
- 8 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 9 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 10 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 11 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 12 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 13 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 14 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 15 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 16 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 17 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 18 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 19 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 20 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 21 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 24 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 25 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!