My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
- 1 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 2 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 3 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 4 French Riviera Overview
- 5 paris taxi at train station to hotels
- 6 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 7 Shuttle or taxi from Nice airport to Cannes?
- 8 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 9 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 10 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 11 Foggia Day Trip
- 12 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 13 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 14 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 15 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 16 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 17 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 18 London at Xmas
- 19 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 20 Almalfi in Late March??
- 21 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 22 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 23 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 24 Trip to London
- 25 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels