My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 2 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 3 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 4 First Trip to Europe
- 5 Central London Hotels
- 6 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 7 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 8 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 9 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 10 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 11 Paris Taxi
- 12 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 13 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 14 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 15 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 16 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 17 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 18 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 19 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 20 Cornwall or Paris?
- 21 Globus Tours
- 22 Paris T A X I
- 23 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 24 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 25 Portugal - Coastal Guidance