My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 4 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 5 Southern Spain
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 8 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 9 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 10 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 11 driving in france with kids
- 12 Is my plan ok
- 13 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 14 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 15 Portugal Trip
- 16 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 17 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 20 Spain traffic tickets
- 21 Reputable Tours
- 22 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 23 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 24 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe