My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 4 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 5 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 6 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 7 2 weeks in Spain
- 8 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 9 at what point should one get health insurance
- 10 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 11 Lucerne Switzerland
- 12 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 13 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 14 First visit to France in November
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 16 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 17 4 Months in Europe
- 18 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 19 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 20 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 21 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 22 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 23 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 24 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 25 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major