My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 2 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 3 dining in Brussels
- 4 Madrid: City Views
- 5 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 6 plug adapters ITALY
- 7 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 8 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 9 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 10 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 11 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 12 How to make this adventure work?
- 13 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 14 How much luggage?????
- 15 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 16 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 17 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 18 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 19 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 20 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 21 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 22 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 23 Madrid: Flamenco
- 24 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 25 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015