My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 2 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 3 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 6 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 7 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 8 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 9 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 10 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 11 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 12 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 13 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 14 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 15 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 16 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 17 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 18 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 19 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 20 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 21 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 22 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 23 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London