My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 2 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 3 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 4 Interesting travel scam article
- 5 10 days in England
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 8 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 13 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 14 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 15 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 16 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 17 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 18 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 19 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 20 Drawing courses in Paris
- 21 Looking for add on city
- 22 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 23 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 24 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 25 Travel phones in France and Italy