My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 4 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 7 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 8 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 9 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 10 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 11 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 14 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 15 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 16 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 21 Question on France travel
- 22 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 23 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 24 Sweden For Christmas Ideas
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two