My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lakes District UK
- 2 Share Your Smile
- 3 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 8 St Germain
- 9 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 10 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 13 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 14 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 15 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Rome Areas to stay
- 17 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 20 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 21 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 22 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 23 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 24 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 25 When to go to Sicily