My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 5 Is Venice really dirty?
- 6 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 7 Christmas in London
- 8 Autumn in Paris
- 9 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 10 Norway Advice
- 11 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 12 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin
- 13 Winter in Paris
- 14 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 15 Stay in 1 Place or Multiple
- 16 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 17 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 18 Is this enough time for Canterbury, Beachy Head, and Dover?
- 19 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 20 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 21 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 22 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 23 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 24 Restaurants Venice, Rome, and Florence
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!