My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Switzerland
- 2 ought to to perform your co
- 3 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 4 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 5 Family trip to France with kids
- 6 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 7 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 8 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 9 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 10 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 11 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 12 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 13 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 14 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 15 A week in spain
- 16 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 17 scotland trave;
- 18 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 19 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 20 Swiss decisions
- 21 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 22 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 23 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 24 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 25 Train tickets France and Spain