My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich with a car?
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 4 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 7 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 8 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 9 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 10 poland to switzerland
- 11 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 12 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 13 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 16 Day trip on the Rhine
- 17 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 One week in Venice - trips
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 22 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 23 UK for 12 days !
- 24 Estonia Amber
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions