My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Madrid
- 2 Bus Croatia
- 3 A guide to Madrid
- 4 Renting an apt.
- 5 Economy Class - Lufthansa or Air France
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 8 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 9 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 10 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 11 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 12 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 13 Ireland itinerary
- 14 Scotland and northern England
- 15 Help me with this trip
- 16 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 17 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 18 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 19 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 20 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 21 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 22 Making reservations in Italy
- 23 Best london location to stay?
- 24 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 25 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?