My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 4 9 days in turkey
- 5 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 8 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 9 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 10 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 13 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 14 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 15 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 21 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Europe in 21 days
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please