My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 2 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 9 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 10 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 11 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 15 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 16 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Planning a holiday
- 23 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!