My friend, a Briton, has invited me to visit him at his small estate in SE France, near Bordeaux. Hopefully i can go and spend a few weeks, months...who knows. He owns his place and comes and goes from there as he pleases. Now i wonder if i too can buy a property in France but since i hold an American passport the rules for me may indeed be different. Can anyone on this forum offer advice on land ownership and the right to live in France for USA citizens.. Thanks.
Americans in France
- 1 Retirement Vacation
- 2 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 3 car hire france and spain
- 4 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 5 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 6 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 7 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 8 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 9 Planning my days in Paris
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 12 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 13 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 14 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 15 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 16 Trip to London
- 17 Monaco to Paris
- 18 French Riviera Overview
- 19 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 20 15 days in Central Europe
- 21 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 22 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 23 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 24 just want to know
- 25 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)