My adult daughter and I are hoping to travel through Croatia next September. Reading through the travel reports and the forum is helpful for deciding which locations to visit but most travelers seem to be from from Europe and have different options for traveling to Croatia. Are there US travelers that can offer advice on the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get from Florida to Croatia? We plan to fly direct from Florida to a hub in Europe and then find a direct flight into Dubrovnik with a direct return from Zagreb back to the European hub. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the US to Croatia. I would appreciate suggestions on the best routes and airlines. Is there a European hub city that lends itself to a convenient stop over so we can break up the journey a bit before going on to Croatia. At my age those overnight flights are brutal! It's early in our planning so we have time to explore flight options.
American mom and daughter dream of Croatia adventure
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 2 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 3 Mont St. Michele?
- 4 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 5 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 6 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 7 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 8 Stay in Venice
- 9 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 10 Venice - apartment??????
- 11 12 days in italy help
- 12 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 13 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 14 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 15 Is Easter week 2015 too early for Keukenhof garden?
- 16 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 17 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 18 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 19 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 20 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 21 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 22 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 23 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 24 Our first trip to Europe
- 25 Where to stay in Barcelona