My adult daughter and I are hoping to travel through Croatia next September. Reading through the travel reports and the forum is helpful for deciding which locations to visit but most travelers seem to be from from Europe and have different options for traveling to Croatia. Are there US travelers that can offer advice on the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get from Florida to Croatia? We plan to fly direct from Florida to a hub in Europe and then find a direct flight into Dubrovnik with a direct return from Zagreb back to the European hub. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the US to Croatia. I would appreciate suggestions on the best routes and airlines. Is there a European hub city that lends itself to a convenient stop over so we can break up the journey a bit before going on to Croatia. At my age those overnight flights are brutal! It's early in our planning so we have time to explore flight options.
American mom and daughter dream of Croatia adventure
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 2 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 3 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 4 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 driving in france with kids
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 9 Assistance in organizing tours in Moscow.
- 10 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 13 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 14 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 15 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 16 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 17 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 18 Three ferries to Mull
- 19 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 20 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 24 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 25 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London