My adult daughter and I are hoping to travel through Croatia next September. Reading through the travel reports and the forum is helpful for deciding which locations to visit but most travelers seem to be from from Europe and have different options for traveling to Croatia. Are there US travelers that can offer advice on the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get from Florida to Croatia? We plan to fly direct from Florida to a hub in Europe and then find a direct flight into Dubrovnik with a direct return from Zagreb back to the European hub. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the US to Croatia. I would appreciate suggestions on the best routes and airlines. Is there a European hub city that lends itself to a convenient stop over so we can break up the journey a bit before going on to Croatia. At my age those overnight flights are brutal! It's early in our planning so we have time to explore flight options.
American mom and daughter dream of Croatia adventure
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 4 21 Days in Central Europe
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 London visit
- 7 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 8 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 9 My itinerary for Greece
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 14 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 15 London 2nd time around
- 16 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 17 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 18 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 21 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 22 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 23 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 24 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's