My adult daughter and I are hoping to travel through Croatia next September. Reading through the travel reports and the forum is helpful for deciding which locations to visit but most travelers seem to be from from Europe and have different options for traveling to Croatia. Are there US travelers that can offer advice on the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get from Florida to Croatia? We plan to fly direct from Florida to a hub in Europe and then find a direct flight into Dubrovnik with a direct return from Zagreb back to the European hub. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the US to Croatia. I would appreciate suggestions on the best routes and airlines. Is there a European hub city that lends itself to a convenient stop over so we can break up the journey a bit before going on to Croatia. At my age those overnight flights are brutal! It's early in our planning so we have time to explore flight options.
American mom and daughter dream of Croatia adventure
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 2 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Vienna - long weekend for 2nd weekend in Nov 2014?
- 5 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 6 Sardinia in early May
- 7 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 8 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 9 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 10 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 11 Venice; recommendations
- 12 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 13 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 14 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 17 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 18 Baby cot
- 19 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 20 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 21 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 22 Hey Fodor's
- 23 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 24 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 25 Wineries open on Saturdays in October