My adult daughter and I are hoping to travel through Croatia next September. Reading through the travel reports and the forum is helpful for deciding which locations to visit but most travelers seem to be from from Europe and have different options for traveling to Croatia. Are there US travelers that can offer advice on the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get from Florida to Croatia? We plan to fly direct from Florida to a hub in Europe and then find a direct flight into Dubrovnik with a direct return from Zagreb back to the European hub. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the US to Croatia. I would appreciate suggestions on the best routes and airlines. Is there a European hub city that lends itself to a convenient stop over so we can break up the journey a bit before going on to Croatia. At my age those overnight flights are brutal! It's early in our planning so we have time to explore flight options.
American mom and daughter dream of Croatia adventure
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 River cruises
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 12 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 13 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report