My adult daughter and I are hoping to travel through Croatia next September. Reading through the travel reports and the forum is helpful for deciding which locations to visit but most travelers seem to be from from Europe and have different options for traveling to Croatia. Are there US travelers that can offer advice on the most convenient (and cheapest) way to get from Florida to Croatia? We plan to fly direct from Florida to a hub in Europe and then find a direct flight into Dubrovnik with a direct return from Zagreb back to the European hub. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the US to Croatia. I would appreciate suggestions on the best routes and airlines. Is there a European hub city that lends itself to a convenient stop over so we can break up the journey a bit before going on to Croatia. At my age those overnight flights are brutal! It's early in our planning so we have time to explore flight options.
American mom and daughter dream of Croatia adventure
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 2 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 3 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 4 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 8 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 9 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 10 Travel with Teens
- 11 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 12 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Snowboarding in Poland
- 16 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 17 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 23 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 24 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 25 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool