We are planning a visit of from two to three weeks in the Lot for next spring/summer. We've spent a good amount of time in the Dordogne, so are planning to base in the north of the Lot and just dip into the Dordogne for day trips. The rest of our time will be spent in the Lot, with quick trips into the southern Correze and maybe parts of the Aveyron (Belcastel, Villefranche de Rouergue, Najac).
I was also thinking of taking a few days and heading south to Albi and maybe even Toulouse, but an article in the Times made me question whether Albi is too much reduced from what it was to be appealing. I love Toulouse-Lautrec and have always wanted to visit the museum, but the article made it sound like Albi is practically deserted downtown, and boarded up as merchants decamp to a mall on the outskirts, leaving the center of the town quite depressed (in more ways than one)
So my question is: is a trip to Albi going to be too sad, or is the article overstating its case?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 4 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 5 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 6 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 7 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 8 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 9 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 17 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 18 Lyon france-- rental car
- 19 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 20 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 21 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 22 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 23 Greece mainland and islands
- 24 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 25 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out