HI! We are taking the Windstar from Rome to Athens in August and have 3 days/nights before we get on the ship. Via the Windstar, we will visit Capri, Lipari, Naxos and cruise down the coast. So on our own we want to experience the classic La Dolce Vida. We've already been to Pompeii and we will be getting plenty of water time via the Windstar. We want to stay in one place, and use it as a base. We initially thought of Ravello (the views, gardens concerts) , but I am getting the impression it is not that easy access for the bus to visit the other towns ? I have heard that Positano, while beautufil, is completely overrun with tourists and is predominantly clothes shopping? Amalfi ? Opinions from those in the know please......
Amalfi's La Dolce Vida in 3 days...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 2 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Berlin from Rostock?
- 8 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 9 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 Art in Paris
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Hotels that we found special
- 22 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 23 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir