HI! We are taking the Windstar from Rome to Athens in August and have 3 days/nights before we get on the ship. Via the Windstar, we will visit Capri, Lipari, Naxos and cruise down the coast. So on our own we want to experience the classic La Dolce Vida. We've already been to Pompeii and we will be getting plenty of water time via the Windstar. We want to stay in one place, and use it as a base. We initially thought of Ravello (the views, gardens concerts) , but I am getting the impression it is not that easy access for the bus to visit the other towns ? I have heard that Positano, while beautufil, is completely overrun with tourists and is predominantly clothes shopping? Amalfi ? Opinions from those in the know please......
Amalfi's La Dolce Vida in 3 days...
View all Europe activity »
- 1 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 Medieval Tallinn
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 17 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 18 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia