HI! We are taking the Windstar from Rome to Athens in August and have 3 days/nights before we get on the ship. Via the Windstar, we will visit Capri, Lipari, Naxos and cruise down the coast. So on our own we want to experience the classic La Dolce Vida. We've already been to Pompeii and we will be getting plenty of water time via the Windstar. We want to stay in one place, and use it as a base. We initially thought of Ravello (the views, gardens concerts) , but I am getting the impression it is not that easy access for the bus to visit the other towns ? I have heard that Positano, while beautufil, is completely overrun with tourists and is predominantly clothes shopping? Amalfi ? Opinions from those in the know please......
Amalfi's La Dolce Vida in 3 days...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/ Spain in December
- 2 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 3 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 4 Please help me give good travel advice
- 5 driving barcelona to madrid in 2-3 days- itinerary help. wine stops?
- 6 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 7 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 8 ideas for Portugal please
- 9 Has anyone bought real estate in Croatia?
- 10 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 11 Car Rentals in Athens
- 12 One night for dinner in Rome
- 13 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 14 Berlin Itinerary
- 15 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 16 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 17 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 18 Seeking Suggestions for 4 day itinerary (flying out of Lyon)
- 19 SARDINIA - Cagliari to Alghero (via 3 nights in Cala Gonone or Oristano?)
- 20 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 21 DCC on the increase?
- 22 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 23 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?