HI! We are taking the Windstar from Rome to Athens in August and have 3 days/nights before we get on the ship. Via the Windstar, we will visit Capri, Lipari, Naxos and cruise down the coast. So on our own we want to experience the classic La Dolce Vida. We've already been to Pompeii and we will be getting plenty of water time via the Windstar. We want to stay in one place, and use it as a base. We initially thought of Ravello (the views, gardens concerts) , but I am getting the impression it is not that easy access for the bus to visit the other towns ? I have heard that Positano, while beautufil, is completely overrun with tourists and is predominantly clothes shopping? Amalfi ? Opinions from those in the know please......
Amalfi's La Dolce Vida in 3 days...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 2 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 3 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 6 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 7 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 10 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 11 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 14 Chip but no PIN
- 15 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 16 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 17 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 18 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Oktoberfest reservations
- 23 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 24 Eurostar booking
- 25 Questions for my German friends