HI! We are taking the Windstar from Rome to Athens in August and have 3 days/nights before we get on the ship. Via the Windstar, we will visit Capri, Lipari, Naxos and cruise down the coast. So on our own we want to experience the classic La Dolce Vida. We've already been to Pompeii and we will be getting plenty of water time via the Windstar. We want to stay in one place, and use it as a base. We initially thought of Ravello (the views, gardens concerts) , but I am getting the impression it is not that easy access for the bus to visit the other towns ? I have heard that Positano, while beautufil, is completely overrun with tourists and is predominantly clothes shopping? Amalfi ? Opinions from those in the know please......
Amalfi's La Dolce Vida in 3 days...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 Transportation in Barcelona
- 8 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 13 5am arrival in Dublin
- 14 What are the best places to see in England
- 15 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 16 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 17 destination wedding
- 18 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 19 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 20 10 Hours in Brussels
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 24 Italy
- 25 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014