My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of March. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.
I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the ferries will be more limited. We will be getting around with public transportation.
Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
- possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella)
- coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced
- unsure about Capri
Things we are less interested in -
- shopping, souvenir shops
- beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
- high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples + Walking Tour
- 2 TECHNICAL SETTING : HP PRINTER CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 hp 24*7
- 3 International drivers permit
- 4 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 8 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 12 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 13 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 14 First visit to London
- 15 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 TIM in FCO - update
- 18 London GTG May 19-25
- 19 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 20 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 21 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 22 Classical Tour of Albania
- 23 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 24 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 25 London and Normandy