My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of March. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.
I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the ferries will be more limited. We will be getting around with public transportation.
Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
- possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella)
- coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced
- unsure about Capri
Things we are less interested in -
- shopping, souvenir shops
- beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
- high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 4 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 5 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 10 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 11 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 23 Italy
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?