My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of March. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.
I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the ferries will be more limited. We will be getting around with public transportation.
Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
- possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella)
- coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced
- unsure about Capri
Things we are less interested in -
- shopping, souvenir shops
- beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
- high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 2 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 3 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 4 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Chania
- 12 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 13 Now to Madrid
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 16 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 17 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 18 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 19 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 20 Sicily: which coast?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Edinbrugh