Will be traveling with my sisters the first week of April to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. This is our first trip to Italy. From what I am reading it is not high season yet, and it appears there may not be a lot open. What city would you recommend for a home base? We are looking at Positano, Sorrento, Praiano or Ravello. We would like a nice terrace with a view of the water. Would like a safe town to walk around in that has shops and restaurants/cafes. Can you please tell me if during the week of April 2-9th which town would have the most to offer. I like it a little quiet, but not boring. Also, are there any boat trips to Capri or ferries that run during this time of the year? Would also like to be able to be close to a beach just so we can see the beautiful beach even though it is not beach weather. Thanks!
Amalfi in April
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 Arc de Triumph Question
- 7 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 8 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 9 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 10 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 London 2nd time around
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 14 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 19 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 20 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 21 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 22 Rovinj, Croatia
- 23 Paris November 2014
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 Traveling in France by train