Will be traveling with my sisters the first week of April to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. This is our first trip to Italy. From what I am reading it is not high season yet, and it appears there may not be a lot open. What city would you recommend for a home base? We are looking at Positano, Sorrento, Praiano or Ravello. We would like a nice terrace with a view of the water. Would like a safe town to walk around in that has shops and restaurants/cafes. Can you please tell me if during the week of April 2-9th which town would have the most to offer. I like it a little quiet, but not boring. Also, are there any boat trips to Capri or ferries that run during this time of the year? Would also like to be able to be close to a beach just so we can see the beautiful beach even though it is not beach weather. Thanks!
Amalfi in April
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 He said , she said
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 18 tour guides in rome
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 25 Seaside island village in Greece