Will be traveling with my sisters the first week of April to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. This is our first trip to Italy. From what I am reading it is not high season yet, and it appears there may not be a lot open. What city would you recommend for a home base? We are looking at Positano, Sorrento, Praiano or Ravello. We would like a nice terrace with a view of the water. Would like a safe town to walk around in that has shops and restaurants/cafes. Can you please tell me if during the week of April 2-9th which town would have the most to offer. I like it a little quiet, but not boring. Also, are there any boat trips to Capri or ferries that run during this time of the year? Would also like to be able to be close to a beach just so we can see the beautiful beach even though it is not beach weather. Thanks!
Amalfi in April
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 A Sardinia trip report
- 6 4 weeks in the UK
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 10 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 11 Granada
- 12 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 13 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 14 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 First time to Switzerland
- 17 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 18 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 19 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 20 Eastern Europe
- 21 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 22 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 23 Switzerland help...?
- 24 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 25 Airport ATMs