We're planning a trip to Europe in late september and are torn between Greece and Italy. We're looking for a combination of archeological sites, cool small towns and some good R and R. One option would be to fly into Rome, spend a couple days there and head south to visit Naples, Pompeii, Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Paestum. The second option would be to fly into Athens where we would stay for 2-3 days. We are considering 2 different itineraries for the rest of the trip. A) Crete and some of the islands in the Cyclades (Santorini, Paros?). or B) Hydra and the Peloponnese (Napflion and surroundings, and Olympia). We would love to hear your advice. Thanks.
Amalfi Coast vs Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Italy Countryside
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 Vegan in Germany?
- 15 VISA question
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 18 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 19 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 20 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 21 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 22 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 25 biking tours in Italy?