We're planning a trip to Europe in late september and are torn between Greece and Italy. We're looking for a combination of archeological sites, cool small towns and some good R and R. One option would be to fly into Rome, spend a couple days there and head south to visit Naples, Pompeii, Capri, Positano, Amalfi and Paestum. The second option would be to fly into Athens where we would stay for 2-3 days. We are considering 2 different itineraries for the rest of the trip. A) Crete and some of the islands in the Cyclades (Santorini, Paros?). or B) Hydra and the Peloponnese (Napflion and surroundings, and Olympia). We would love to hear your advice. Thanks.
Amalfi Coast vs Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany for 3 weeks
- 2 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 3 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 6 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Lake Como or Lake Maggiore for beauty and nature
- 9 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 10 Rocamaxour
- 11 Dordogne lodging
- 12 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 13 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 14 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 15 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 16 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 17 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 18 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 19 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 23 England in 7 days
- 24 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 25 A guide to Copenhagen.