My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 2 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 5 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 9 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 10 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 11 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 12 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 17 Which european city?
- 18 Southern Spain
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)