My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 2 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 3 Venice - boats on canals
- 4 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 5 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 8 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 9 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 10 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 11 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 14 Which apartment/area in London?
- 15 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 16 Driving in Germany
- 17 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 18 Venice, just arrived
- 19 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 20 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 21 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 22 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 23 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 24 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 25 Prepaid cell phone, CDG