My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 4 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 5 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 6 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 7 Bregenz or Lindau
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 10 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 14 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 15 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 16 Winter in Paris
- 17 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 18 I need some big advice!
- 19 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 22 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??