My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 4 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 5 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 10 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 11 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 12 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 13 What to wear
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 16 german rail ticket question
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 19 Arc de Triumph Question
- 20 Greek ferries
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 23 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 24 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 25 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??