My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
View all Europe activity »
- 1 River cruises
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 11 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 15 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 16 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Belgium
- 24 Navigo Decouverte
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking