My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Cotswold Churches
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Best beach town in Italy?
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 15 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 16 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Five nights in Extremadura
- 21 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy