My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 3 We Need a Pact
- 4 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 5 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 6 I need a haircut
- 7 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 8 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 9 Tipping in Greece
- 10 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 11 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 12 Honeymooning in Europe
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 15 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 16 Spain tips beyond safety
- 17 Small group for Colosseum
- 18 American electrical gadgets
- 19 Arc de Triumph Question
- 20 flea markets in France
- 21 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 22 Eating in France-two new books
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 25 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague