My wife and I are planning to return to Italy in Sept 2013. Our first trip was to Florence which we thoroughly enjoyed. The museums and fantastic art, the food, the friendly people and of course wonderful Florence. This time we are debating whether to spend two weeks along the Amalfi coast, one place, or just one week there and spend the following week in Venice. If we did go to Venice, it would be by train. We would like to avoid renting a car this time around. Would like to hear from Fodorites who have traveled in Italy to both places sans car. Thank you.
Amalfi Coast Vacation
View all Europe activity »
- 1 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 2 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 3 7 days in Andalucia
- 4 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 5 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 6 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 12 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 13 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 14 rent car / Munich
- 15 Apartments in Rome
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 25 A full week in The Netherlands