I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 2 Scotland Trip
- 3 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 6 4 week trip Turkey
- 7 Advices about our itiniary
- 8 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 11 Paris Under Seige...
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 What to take to Germany
- 14 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 15 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 16 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 17 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 18 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 19 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 20 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 Private transportation
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 24 Suggestions for travel
- 25 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks