I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Granada to Madrid
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 8 Tour groups
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 16 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 17 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 18 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 25 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?