I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Amalfi Coast questions
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 4 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 7 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 8 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 9 Lake como
- 10 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 11 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 12 Itinerary Questions
- 13 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 A full week in The Netherlands
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 18 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 Train travel in Europe
- 21 Prague Main Train Station
- 22 Place to propose
- 23 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration