I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 2 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 3 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 4 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 5 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 6 Swiss Travel Pass
- 7 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 8 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Athens
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 23 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 24 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 25 Gyms in Paris-day passes?