I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 2 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 3 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 4 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 5 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 6 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 7 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 8 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 9 If Greece exits
- 10 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 11 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 12 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 13 Budapest questions round 1
- 14 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 15 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 16 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 17 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 18 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 19 Riviera roadtrip
- 20 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 21 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 22 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 25 Barcelona in 2 Days