I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couple of days on the coast in Andalucia
- 2 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 3 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 4 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 7 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 8 Italy train question
- 9 Venice - a day open
- 10 Walking in Hamburg
- 11 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 12 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 13 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 14 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 15 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 16 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 17 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 18 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 19 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 20 Lake Maggiore
- 21 Norway Fjords
- 22 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 23 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 24 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 25 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence