I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Amalfi Coast questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 2 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 3 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 4 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 5 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 6 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 7 Which Florence hotel?
- 8 Spain vacation help
- 9 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 10 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 11 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Rocamaxour
- 14 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 15 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 16 Greece after the Vote
- 17 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 18 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 19 Shipping bags home
- 20 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 21 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 22 Apartment in Italy
- 23 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 24 Germany for 3 weeks
- 25 Looking for nice regions with good public transport