I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 One night in Rome
- 3 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 9 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 10 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 11 How the kids age calculated
- 12 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 13 Murren to Prague
- 14 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 15 Scotland Trip Report
- 16 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 20 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 21 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 22 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 23 Firt time VISA applicant
- 24 Uffizi Phone Number
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)