I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Amalfi Coast questions
- 1 Getting the best our of Europe
- 2 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 3 Am I too fat too travel?
- 4 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 5 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 6 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 7 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 8 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 9 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 10 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 11 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 12 Heathrow Terminal 5. 90 minutes layover, is it enough
- 13 london travelcrard
- 14 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 15 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 16 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 17 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 18 Recommendation - Paris apartment for only 3 nights
- 19 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 20 French/Italian Alps
- 21 France Itinerary Help
- 22 Islands around Dubrovnik
- 23 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 24 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 25 Best area to stay in Rome