I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Amalfi Coast questions
- 1 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 2 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 3 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 4 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 5 France by rail or car?
- 6 Football (soccer) matches in July
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 11 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 12 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 13 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 14 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 15 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 16 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 17 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 18 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 19 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 20 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 21 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 22 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 23 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 24 Normandy on our own?
- 25 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome