I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Amalfi Coast questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Guidebook for Iceland
- 2 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 3 Budget family trip to Europe
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 6 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 7 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 visa question
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 15 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 16 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 17 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 18 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 19 By train to and out of Prague
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 23 5 Observations About Paris
- 24 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 25 Berlin