I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 3 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 4 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 5 Flights from Croatia
- 6 Europe in late January
- 7 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 8 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 9 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 10 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 11 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 12 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 13 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 14 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 15 Paris---baguette question???
- 16 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 17 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 18 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 19 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 20 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 21 Scenic Driving Routes
- 22 Vienna to Bratislava
- 23 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 24 1 way ticket
- 25 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe