My wife and I are meeting my in-laws in Rome at the start of September. We have 7 nights together, 3 of which will be spent in Rome, with the other 4 nights in Sorrento. Our plan is to use Sorrento as our base and visit Pompeii, Naples, Capri and some of the small towns along the Amalfi coast (all as day trips).
However, after the 4 nights in Sorrento, my wife and I have an additional 4 nights alone. So far I've come up with a couple options, such as:
(a) spend 4 nights in Positano; (b) spend 2 nights in Capri; 2 in Positano; (c) split them up even further amongst other towns on the coast.
Does anyone have any suggestions? My only concern is that we will have visited Capri and some of the small towns like Positano during day trips - although obviously the experience of staying there overnight could be completely different.
Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 K-Day
- 3 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 4 UK Visa Help
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 advance tickets?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 20 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 21 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 22 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 25 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?