My wife and I are meeting my in-laws in Rome at the start of September. We have 7 nights together, 3 of which will be spent in Rome, with the other 4 nights in Sorrento. Our plan is to use Sorrento as our base and visit Pompeii, Naples, Capri and some of the small towns along the Amalfi coast (all as day trips).
However, after the 4 nights in Sorrento, my wife and I have an additional 4 nights alone. So far I've come up with a couple options, such as:
(a) spend 4 nights in Positano; (b) spend 2 nights in Capri; 2 in Positano; (c) split them up even further amongst other towns on the coast.
Does anyone have any suggestions? My only concern is that we will have visited Capri and some of the small towns like Positano during day trips - although obviously the experience of staying there overnight could be completely different.
Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 12 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 13 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 16 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 17 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 18 Spain: train/rental car help
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!