I will be traveling in Campania for 8 days at the end of April. I'm situated in Positano for 4 nights and Sorrento for 3 nights (last night in Rome for flight home). Two days in Sorrento have been set aside for Pompeii/Vesuvius, and Herculaneum/archeology museum in Naples. I'd also like to take a day trip to Capri while in Sorrento. Does anyone have not-to- miss sights/hikes/towns while in Positano, and have I selected wisely in Sorrento???
Also, I don't love twisting roads or heights - what are good travel options????
Thanks for all assistance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 2 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 3 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 4 Milos beach stay
- 5 Paris to Bordeaux
- 6 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 7 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 Iceland 3 day layover
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 12 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 13 Train travel
- 14 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 15 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 16 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 20 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 21 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 22 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 23 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 24 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition