I am arriving in Naples from Sardinia at about 5pm on a Friday, and plan to spend 2 nights in the Amalfi Coast region before heading back to Rome on Sunday morning for a flight out at 3pm. We will not have a car for our time in the region and are not sure where to stay. I think that Salerno would be the best choice transportation-wise vs. Sorrento (to get back to Rome on time), but it does not look like the best place to stay. We are considering staying in Amalfi town but are not sure how we would get to a hotel from Salerno, without having a car (would taxis be too expensive, would the SITA bus get us to accomodation on the coastline)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally lost on this one!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Shorts in South of France?
- 3 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Budapest language lessons
- 6 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 7 Alsace to Austria?
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Private Guide in Lyon
- 13 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 14 Budapest Card
- 15 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?