I am arriving in Naples from Sardinia at about 5pm on a Friday, and plan to spend 2 nights in the Amalfi Coast region before heading back to Rome on Sunday morning for a flight out at 3pm. We will not have a car for our time in the region and are not sure where to stay. I think that Salerno would be the best choice transportation-wise vs. Sorrento (to get back to Rome on time), but it does not look like the best place to stay. We are considering staying in Amalfi town but are not sure how we would get to a hotel from Salerno, without having a car (would taxis be too expensive, would the SITA bus get us to accomodation on the coastline)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally lost on this one!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Korean Messages
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!