I am arriving in Naples from Sardinia at about 5pm on a Friday, and plan to spend 2 nights in the Amalfi Coast region before heading back to Rome on Sunday morning for a flight out at 3pm. We will not have a car for our time in the region and are not sure where to stay. I think that Salerno would be the best choice transportation-wise vs. Sorrento (to get back to Rome on time), but it does not look like the best place to stay. We are considering staying in Amalfi town but are not sure how we would get to a hotel from Salerno, without having a car (would taxis be too expensive, would the SITA bus get us to accomodation on the coastline)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally lost on this one!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 9 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 13 car insurance italy
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Italy Car Scam
- 17 auto europa or auto europe?
- 18 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Barcelona alternative
- 21 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 22 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris