I am arriving in Naples from Sardinia at about 5pm on a Friday, and plan to spend 2 nights in the Amalfi Coast region before heading back to Rome on Sunday morning for a flight out at 3pm. We will not have a car for our time in the region and are not sure where to stay. I think that Salerno would be the best choice transportation-wise vs. Sorrento (to get back to Rome on time), but it does not look like the best place to stay. We are considering staying in Amalfi town but are not sure how we would get to a hotel from Salerno, without having a car (would taxis be too expensive, would the SITA bus get us to accomodation on the coastline)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally lost on this one!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 2 Naples + Walking Tour
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 6 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 7 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 8 Need hotel in Athens
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Avoid Europcar!
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 15 Train / Calabria
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Scotland - We're Here!
- 18 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 24 IWM
- 25 Southern Italy Help - Part 2