I am arriving in Naples from Sardinia at about 5pm on a Friday, and plan to spend 2 nights in the Amalfi Coast region before heading back to Rome on Sunday morning for a flight out at 3pm. We will not have a car for our time in the region and are not sure where to stay. I think that Salerno would be the best choice transportation-wise vs. Sorrento (to get back to Rome on time), but it does not look like the best place to stay. We are considering staying in Amalfi town but are not sure how we would get to a hotel from Salerno, without having a car (would taxis be too expensive, would the SITA bus get us to accomodation on the coastline)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally lost on this one!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 2 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 getting to CDG
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Cambrils
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 CDG airport and connection time
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 19 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 20 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 21 Trains in Alps and UK
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy