I am arriving in Naples from Sardinia at about 5pm on a Friday, and plan to spend 2 nights in the Amalfi Coast region before heading back to Rome on Sunday morning for a flight out at 3pm. We will not have a car for our time in the region and are not sure where to stay. I think that Salerno would be the best choice transportation-wise vs. Sorrento (to get back to Rome on time), but it does not look like the best place to stay. We are considering staying in Amalfi town but are not sure how we would get to a hotel from Salerno, without having a car (would taxis be too expensive, would the SITA bus get us to accomodation on the coastline)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally lost on this one!
Amalfi Coast for 2 nights - where to stay?
- 1 How Long For Santorini?
- 2 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 3 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 4 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 5 Germany with 6 month old.
- 6 France by rail or car?
- 7 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 8 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 9 Driving Napflio/Mystras and Mystras/Olympia AND Private Guides
- 10 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 11 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 12 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 13 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 14 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 15 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 18 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 19 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 20 Hotels in Sorrento
- 21 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 22 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 23 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 24 Which tour company would be best?
- 25 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise