I am planning a trip to Italy this September, my boyfriend and I want to go to Rome and then go down to the Amalfi coast, the duration of the trip would be about 9 days (Rome for about 5 days and Amalfi 4). This is not my first time travelling however it is for my boyfriend, I have gone on trips but only visited one city at a time. After looking into it, I feel like I have gathered enough information on how to get from Rome to Amalfi, but I am still unsure about transportation and day trips from Amalfi. We would like to visit Pompeii, Capri, Positano and maybe Paestum but I'm usure if staying in Amalfi would be the best place to have a decent access to these places. Would it be better to stay in Naples and do the day trips from there? Would Capri be the best option? We want to see the beauty of Amalfi but we also want to visit around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I feel a little overwhelmed with this planning since I do not have much experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 favorite app for converting US $$
- 2 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 3 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 4 Trip in September
- 5 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 6 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 7 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 10 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 11 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 12 SNCF - low price for summer
- 13 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 14 Light weight small converter?
- 15 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 16 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 17 Positano Surprise
- 18 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Best of Norway
- 21 Escorted tours Norway
- 22 Munich Hotel Location
- 23 Small towns not too near Paris
- 24 Car rental help in Sicily
- 25 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia