I am planning a trip to Italy this September, my boyfriend and I want to go to Rome and then go down to the Amalfi coast, the duration of the trip would be about 9 days (Rome for about 5 days and Amalfi 4). This is not my first time travelling however it is for my boyfriend, I have gone on trips but only visited one city at a time. After looking into it, I feel like I have gathered enough information on how to get from Rome to Amalfi, but I am still unsure about transportation and day trips from Amalfi. We would like to visit Pompeii, Capri, Positano and maybe Paestum but I'm usure if staying in Amalfi would be the best place to have a decent access to these places. Would it be better to stay in Naples and do the day trips from there? Would Capri be the best option? We want to see the beauty of Amalfi but we also want to visit around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I feel a little overwhelmed with this planning since I do not have much experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 5 Salzburg itinerary review
- 6 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 weekend from cologne germany
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 11 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 12 Last minute trip to Capri
- 13 AMS Car Rental
- 14 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 My final Prague itinerary
- 17 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 18 test post
- 19 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 20 One week in Europe
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 multi city flights to europe
- 23 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 24 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 25 Help with my trip to Paris and London