I am planning a trip to Italy this September, my boyfriend and I want to go to Rome and then go down to the Amalfi coast, the duration of the trip would be about 9 days (Rome for about 5 days and Amalfi 4). This is not my first time travelling however it is for my boyfriend, I have gone on trips but only visited one city at a time. After looking into it, I feel like I have gathered enough information on how to get from Rome to Amalfi, but I am still unsure about transportation and day trips from Amalfi. We would like to visit Pompeii, Capri, Positano and maybe Paestum but I'm usure if staying in Amalfi would be the best place to have a decent access to these places. Would it be better to stay in Naples and do the day trips from there? Would Capri be the best option? We want to see the beauty of Amalfi but we also want to visit around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I feel a little overwhelmed with this planning since I do not have much experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 8 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 10 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 Road trip with our dog
- 15 Can parking
- 16 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Douro Valley in January?
- 22 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 23 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 24 Munich and....???
- 25 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles