I am planning a trip to Italy this September, my boyfriend and I want to go to Rome and then go down to the Amalfi coast, the duration of the trip would be about 9 days (Rome for about 5 days and Amalfi 4). This is not my first time travelling however it is for my boyfriend, I have gone on trips but only visited one city at a time. After looking into it, I feel like I have gathered enough information on how to get from Rome to Amalfi, but I am still unsure about transportation and day trips from Amalfi. We would like to visit Pompeii, Capri, Positano and maybe Paestum but I'm usure if staying in Amalfi would be the best place to have a decent access to these places. Would it be better to stay in Naples and do the day trips from there? Would Capri be the best option? We want to see the beauty of Amalfi but we also want to visit around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I feel a little overwhelmed with this planning since I do not have much experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 4 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 5 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 8 Day trips around Vienna
- 9 Greek fuel cost
- 10 Madrid/Lisbon
- 11 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 12 Dog friendly hotels
- 13 Killarney
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 First time in Bulgaria
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 21 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 22 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 23 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 24 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 25 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?