I am planning a trip to Italy this September, my boyfriend and I want to go to Rome and then go down to the Amalfi coast, the duration of the trip would be about 9 days (Rome for about 5 days and Amalfi 4). This is not my first time travelling however it is for my boyfriend, I have gone on trips but only visited one city at a time. After looking into it, I feel like I have gathered enough information on how to get from Rome to Amalfi, but I am still unsure about transportation and day trips from Amalfi. We would like to visit Pompeii, Capri, Positano and maybe Paestum but I'm usure if staying in Amalfi would be the best place to have a decent access to these places. Would it be better to stay in Naples and do the day trips from there? Would Capri be the best option? We want to see the beauty of Amalfi but we also want to visit around.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I feel a little overwhelmed with this planning since I do not have much experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec^h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Password Reset
- 2 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 3 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 4 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 5 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 6 International drivers permit
- 7 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 First visit to London
- 12 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 13 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 14 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 15 Naples + Walking Tour
- 16 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 19 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 20 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 TIM in FCO - update
- 24 London GTG May 19-25
- 25 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017