We are planning to spend a couple of weeks in Europe in June with our kids (ages 12 and 14) and can't decide between the Naples/Amalfi Coast area or Provence, France.
We all love Italy and have visited several times, although never south of Rome, AND we all love France but have only been to Paris and its surrounding areas. One kid is studying Latin and ancient Roman history this year, and the other is on his third year of immersion French.
Would it be crazy to do both areas in one trip?
Our thoughts are to fly into Naples and spend 5 or 6 days, then rent a car and drive up the coast of Italy stopping in Pisa or Lucca for a night or two. Then, heading over to Southern France for 5 or 6 days. Google maps says it is a 11 hour drive from Naples to Aix en Provence, and being from the western U.S., that doesn't sound too bad to us. But, our past experience driving in Italy, is that we spend a bit of time lost. Would this be as simple as it looks on the map, or a total mistake?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling eperience and the difficulties involved
- 2 Acropolis Athens
- 3 Korean Messages
- 4 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 5 Days in Switzerland
- 7 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 10 6-7 Days in France
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 13 Another tipping question: concierges
- 14 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 17 Getting to Bolivia
- 18 Budapest in December 2017
- 19 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 20 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 21 Swiss Travel Pass
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 24 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?