We are planning to spend a couple of weeks in Europe in June with our kids (ages 12 and 14) and can't decide between the Naples/Amalfi Coast area or Provence, France.
We all love Italy and have visited several times, although never south of Rome, AND we all love France but have only been to Paris and its surrounding areas. One kid is studying Latin and ancient Roman history this year, and the other is on his third year of immersion French.
Would it be crazy to do both areas in one trip?
Our thoughts are to fly into Naples and spend 5 or 6 days, then rent a car and drive up the coast of Italy stopping in Pisa or Lucca for a night or two. Then, heading over to Southern France for 5 or 6 days. Google maps says it is a 11 hour drive from Naples to Aix en Provence, and being from the western U.S., that doesn't sound too bad to us. But, our past experience driving in Italy, is that we spend a bit of time lost. Would this be as simple as it looks on the map, or a total mistake?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona