Getting ready to begin finalizing our trip for Italy, beginning May 15th ending around the 31st (or perhaps June 2-3 if needed).....
Seems this will be the least busy time when comparing may through august months....?
Not sure when in June it becomes crazy there, but if anybody knows this, that would be great to know....
Schedule so far: (not booked yet, just on hold):
fly into naples arrriving 11 am.
take hydrofoil to sorrento (waiting to hear if this boat running in May....?) have emailed them
spend two nights in sorrento...taking a day trip to capri during this timeframe.
one night in Positano.....
one last night >? not sure if we will need 4 nights or if 3 is plenty...kind of feel like we would be rushing if only 3.....
take hydrofoil back to naples OR train.....our destination is not naples but rather Rome for 3 nights.
pick up a rental car to drive into tuscany umbria areas for 4 nights.
drive to chianti and drop car? not sure if there will be anyplace to do this....if not, then florence. staying in florence one night.
train to pisa, (to spend a few hours) then train onto to Cinque Terre, for 2-3 nights.
train or bus back down to siena, then to argentario area to stay at a spa for one night....
return to rome for flight out.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 3 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 4 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 9 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 17 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 18 Christmas markets
- 19 Airline to Rome
- 20 SE ITALY
- 21 monograms vacation tours
- 22 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip