Getting ready to begin finalizing our trip for Italy, beginning May 15th ending around the 31st (or perhaps June 2-3 if needed).....
Seems this will be the least busy time when comparing may through august months....?
Not sure when in June it becomes crazy there, but if anybody knows this, that would be great to know....
Schedule so far: (not booked yet, just on hold):
fly into naples arrriving 11 am.
take hydrofoil to sorrento (waiting to hear if this boat running in May....?) have emailed them
spend two nights in sorrento...taking a day trip to capri during this timeframe.
one night in Positano.....
one last night >? not sure if we will need 4 nights or if 3 is plenty...kind of feel like we would be rushing if only 3.....
take hydrofoil back to naples OR train.....our destination is not naples but rather Rome for 3 nights.
pick up a rental car to drive into tuscany umbria areas for 4 nights.
drive to chianti and drop car? not sure if there will be anyplace to do this....if not, then florence. staying in florence one night.
train to pisa, (to spend a few hours) then train onto to Cinque Terre, for 2-3 nights.
train or bus back down to siena, then to argentario area to stay at a spa for one night....
return to rome for flight out.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car for four adults and four bikes
- 2 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 4 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 French restaurants
- 7 Switzerland
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 CDG airport and connection time
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 16 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 17 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 18 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 19 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 22 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 25 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary