Getting ready to begin finalizing our trip for Italy, beginning May 15th ending around the 31st (or perhaps June 2-3 if needed).....
Seems this will be the least busy time when comparing may through august months....?
Not sure when in June it becomes crazy there, but if anybody knows this, that would be great to know....
Schedule so far: (not booked yet, just on hold):
fly into naples arrriving 11 am.
take hydrofoil to sorrento (waiting to hear if this boat running in May....?) have emailed them
spend two nights in sorrento...taking a day trip to capri during this timeframe.
one night in Positano.....
one last night >? not sure if we will need 4 nights or if 3 is plenty...kind of feel like we would be rushing if only 3.....
take hydrofoil back to naples OR train.....our destination is not naples but rather Rome for 3 nights.
pick up a rental car to drive into tuscany umbria areas for 4 nights.
drive to chianti and drop car? not sure if there will be anyplace to do this....if not, then florence. staying in florence one night.
train to pisa, (to spend a few hours) then train onto to Cinque Terre, for 2-3 nights.
train or bus back down to siena, then to argentario area to stay at a spa for one night....
return to rome for flight out.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 2 Versailles
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 8 Germany train help!
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 driving from prague to salzburg
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 21 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 22 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 23 We're here!
- 24 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 25 Christmas windows in Paris 2016