I'm extremely excited for my upcoming vacation to Spain, which begins when I arrive into the Barcelona airport at 7:00am on Saturday. We will be spending our first 3 nights at a Bed & Breakfast in Calella de Palafrugell, Costa Brava so will rent a car at the airport and drive up the coast. Does anyone familiar with the area have suggestions for scenic stops to make along the way to Calella de Palafrugell? First, I imagine we'll want to stop somewhere for breakfast - what makes sense from the airport? We'll be hungry, for sure! I hope to arrive at the B&B by early-mid afternoon following any recommended detours en route.
Tossa de Mar jumps out at me as a stopping place (hopefully parking not too tricky for a few hours) but maybe there are better ideas?
Once we arrive at the B&B I plan to get further recommendations for our time in the region - restaurants, excursions, etc. It is with this first glimpse of Spain that I need some advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice/Mestre
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 auto europa or auto europe?
- 7 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 10 8 Days in Spain
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 15 9 Days in Spain
- 16 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Paris to Italy
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 travel to prague, vienna and munich