I'm extremely excited for my upcoming vacation to Spain, which begins when I arrive into the Barcelona airport at 7:00am on Saturday. We will be spending our first 3 nights at a Bed & Breakfast in Calella de Palafrugell, Costa Brava so will rent a car at the airport and drive up the coast. Does anyone familiar with the area have suggestions for scenic stops to make along the way to Calella de Palafrugell? First, I imagine we'll want to stop somewhere for breakfast - what makes sense from the airport? We'll be hungry, for sure! I hope to arrive at the B&B by early-mid afternoon following any recommended detours en route.
Tossa de Mar jumps out at me as a stopping place (hopefully parking not too tricky for a few hours) but maybe there are better ideas?
Once we arrive at the B&B I plan to get further recommendations for our time in the region - restaurants, excursions, etc. It is with this first glimpse of Spain that I need some advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Florence
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 8 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 11 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 12 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 13 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 18 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 25 First Trip from Boston to Italy