I'm extremely excited for my upcoming vacation to Spain, which begins when I arrive into the Barcelona airport at 7:00am on Saturday. We will be spending our first 3 nights at a Bed & Breakfast in Calella de Palafrugell, Costa Brava so will rent a car at the airport and drive up the coast. Does anyone familiar with the area have suggestions for scenic stops to make along the way to Calella de Palafrugell? First, I imagine we'll want to stop somewhere for breakfast - what makes sense from the airport? We'll be hungry, for sure! I hope to arrive at the B&B by early-mid afternoon following any recommended detours en route.
Tossa de Mar jumps out at me as a stopping place (hopefully parking not too tricky for a few hours) but maybe there are better ideas?
Once we arrive at the B&B I plan to get further recommendations for our time in the region - restaurants, excursions, etc. It is with this first glimpse of Spain that I need some advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 3 multi city flights to europe
- 4 One week in Europe
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 9 My final Prague itinerary
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 12 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 18 Private Guide in Lyon
- 19 13 nights in switzerland
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 London Theater
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!