I'm extremely excited for my upcoming vacation to Spain, which begins when I arrive into the Barcelona airport at 7:00am on Saturday. We will be spending our first 3 nights at a Bed & Breakfast in Calella de Palafrugell, Costa Brava so will rent a car at the airport and drive up the coast. Does anyone familiar with the area have suggestions for scenic stops to make along the way to Calella de Palafrugell? First, I imagine we'll want to stop somewhere for breakfast - what makes sense from the airport? We'll be hungry, for sure! I hope to arrive at the B&B by early-mid afternoon following any recommended detours en route.
Tossa de Mar jumps out at me as a stopping place (hopefully parking not too tricky for a few hours) but maybe there are better ideas?
Once we arrive at the B&B I plan to get further recommendations for our time in the region - restaurants, excursions, etc. It is with this first glimpse of Spain that I need some advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 Sicily
- 5 Versailles
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 Germany train help!
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Where to enjoy Paris
- 22 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 23 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 24 Meteora for older folk
- 25 Tours of Versailles, Lyon