We were tentatively planning 3 nights in Copenhagen, 1 night on the Copenhagen-Oslo ferry, 2 nights in Oslo, 2 nights in Bergen, (flight to Stockholm from Bergen) 5 nights in Stockholm, 2 nights in Visby, and a final night at a hotel near the Stockholm Airport prior to flying home to the US. Having read through the reviews on Tripadvisor for the famed Norway in a Nutshell "tour," it sounds like equal parts beauty and hassle. Too many comments complain of overcrowding and overbooking, pushing by one's fellow passengers, lack of facilities/food and no actual personnel on hand to sort out difficulties caused by not having places for all the passengers on the various modes of transport since this is a series of tickets for public transport not an actual tour. This leads me to consider what alternatives there might be to NIN and whether we can adjust the itinerary to allow for a more relaxed way to see the coastal Norway scenery. Budget is a consideration since Scandinavia is so very expensive, but I'm interested to hear what other options there are out of Bergen? I would appreciate any suggestions based on recent experiences.
Alternatives to Norway in Nutshell?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 2 Help me with this trip
- 3 WiFi on trains
- 4 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 5 What about hiring a coach in London?
- 6 Renting an apt.
- 7 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 8 Amalfi coast in May
- 9 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 10 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 11 Advice required on my Switzerland Itinerary
- 12 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 13 First ever europe trip
- 14 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15 Using Obb website
- 16 A guide to Madrid
- 17 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 18 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 19 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 20 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 21 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 22 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 23 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 24 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 25 Tight Transfer at Gatwick