We were tentatively planning 3 nights in Copenhagen, 1 night on the Copenhagen-Oslo ferry, 2 nights in Oslo, 2 nights in Bergen, (flight to Stockholm from Bergen) 5 nights in Stockholm, 2 nights in Visby, and a final night at a hotel near the Stockholm Airport prior to flying home to the US. Having read through the reviews on Tripadvisor for the famed Norway in a Nutshell "tour," it sounds like equal parts beauty and hassle. Too many comments complain of overcrowding and overbooking, pushing by one's fellow passengers, lack of facilities/food and no actual personnel on hand to sort out difficulties caused by not having places for all the passengers on the various modes of transport since this is a series of tickets for public transport not an actual tour. This leads me to consider what alternatives there might be to NIN and whether we can adjust the itinerary to allow for a more relaxed way to see the coastal Norway scenery. Budget is a consideration since Scandinavia is so very expensive, but I'm interested to hear what other options there are out of Bergen? I would appreciate any suggestions based on recent experiences.
Alternatives to Norway in Nutshell?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 2 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 3 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 4 London for Free
- 5 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 6 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 7 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 8 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 9 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 10 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 11 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 12 Cornwall or Paris?
- 13 Madrid: City Views
- 14 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 15 Amalfi Coast in October
- 16 Does this make sense re tour downloads?
- 17 Terrorism in Europe
- 18 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 19 ITALO trains need help
- 20 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 21 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 22 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 25 biking in France