We were tentatively planning 3 nights in Copenhagen, 1 night on the Copenhagen-Oslo ferry, 2 nights in Oslo, 2 nights in Bergen, (flight to Stockholm from Bergen) 5 nights in Stockholm, 2 nights in Visby, and a final night at a hotel near the Stockholm Airport prior to flying home to the US. Having read through the reviews on Tripadvisor for the famed Norway in a Nutshell "tour," it sounds like equal parts beauty and hassle. Too many comments complain of overcrowding and overbooking, pushing by one's fellow passengers, lack of facilities/food and no actual personnel on hand to sort out difficulties caused by not having places for all the passengers on the various modes of transport since this is a series of tickets for public transport not an actual tour. This leads me to consider what alternatives there might be to NIN and whether we can adjust the itinerary to allow for a more relaxed way to see the coastal Norway scenery. Budget is a consideration since Scandinavia is so very expensive, but I'm interested to hear what other options there are out of Bergen? I would appreciate any suggestions based on recent experiences.
Alternatives to Norway in Nutshell?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 2 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 3 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 4 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 5 Papal audience-Easter
- 6 Voltage in UK and France
- 7 Cannot see Anadolu Ateşi in Antalya. Options in Istanbul?
- 8 Nature of France
- 9 Hotel Artorius in Rome
- 10 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 11 Emilia Romagna Region
- 12 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 13 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 14 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 15 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 16 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 17 Does this itinerary make sense for May 2015?
- 18 Bosphorus cruise in February?
- 19 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 20 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 21 Two Weeks in France in October '15
- 22 Families with kids: rental car or train in Lake Como, Wengen, and Munich?
- 23 Germany for 3 weeks
- 24 Croatia
- 25 car rental Italy/Croatia