We were tentatively planning 3 nights in Copenhagen, 1 night on the Copenhagen-Oslo ferry, 2 nights in Oslo, 2 nights in Bergen, (flight to Stockholm from Bergen) 5 nights in Stockholm, 2 nights in Visby, and a final night at a hotel near the Stockholm Airport prior to flying home to the US. Having read through the reviews on Tripadvisor for the famed Norway in a Nutshell "tour," it sounds like equal parts beauty and hassle. Too many comments complain of overcrowding and overbooking, pushing by one's fellow passengers, lack of facilities/food and no actual personnel on hand to sort out difficulties caused by not having places for all the passengers on the various modes of transport since this is a series of tickets for public transport not an actual tour. This leads me to consider what alternatives there might be to NIN and whether we can adjust the itinerary to allow for a more relaxed way to see the coastal Norway scenery. Budget is a consideration since Scandinavia is so very expensive, but I'm interested to hear what other options there are out of Bergen? I would appreciate any suggestions based on recent experiences.
Alternatives to Norway in Nutshell?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Prague?
- 2 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 3 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 4 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 5 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 6 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 7 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 8 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 9 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 10 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 11 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 12 Positano in high season???
- 13 Porto to Salamanca
- 14 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 15 Tyrol - need general help
- 16 Please help me plan my trip!
- 17 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 18 Hotel in Lisbon
- 19 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 20 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 21 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 22 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 23 Greece and Turkey
- 24 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 25 buying souviners and art