We were tentatively planning 3 nights in Copenhagen, 1 night on the Copenhagen-Oslo ferry, 2 nights in Oslo, 2 nights in Bergen, (flight to Stockholm from Bergen) 5 nights in Stockholm, 2 nights in Visby, and a final night at a hotel near the Stockholm Airport prior to flying home to the US. Having read through the reviews on Tripadvisor for the famed Norway in a Nutshell "tour," it sounds like equal parts beauty and hassle. Too many comments complain of overcrowding and overbooking, pushing by one's fellow passengers, lack of facilities/food and no actual personnel on hand to sort out difficulties caused by not having places for all the passengers on the various modes of transport since this is a series of tickets for public transport not an actual tour. This leads me to consider what alternatives there might be to NIN and whether we can adjust the itinerary to allow for a more relaxed way to see the coastal Norway scenery. Budget is a consideration since Scandinavia is so very expensive, but I'm interested to hear what other options there are out of Bergen? I would appreciate any suggestions based on recent experiences.
Alternatives to Norway in Nutshell?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 6 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 best time to book accommodation
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Sicily - not a trip report
- 17 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son