I'm currently researching our next Europe trip (Germany, Switzerland & Austria in Sep/Oct) and flying in to Frankfurt from Singapore is an option.
I'm not sure if Frankfurt is the base we're after for approx. 5 nights as it seems like rather a large city which my husband and I are not big fans of (mid 30's, enjoy scenery and nature). We are thinking about doing day trips to Heidelberg, Black Forest and Cologne. Is Frankfurt the best option or are there smaller towns that would be an alternative?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport question
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 4 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 5 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 6 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 7 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 8 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 9 Imbros Gorge
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 13 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 14 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 17 38 Days in Paris
- 18 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 19 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 20 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 23 How the kids age calculated
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?