I'm currently researching our next Europe trip (Germany, Switzerland & Austria in Sep/Oct) and flying in to Frankfurt from Singapore is an option.
I'm not sure if Frankfurt is the base we're after for approx. 5 nights as it seems like rather a large city which my husband and I are not big fans of (mid 30's, enjoy scenery and nature). We are thinking about doing day trips to Heidelberg, Black Forest and Cologne. Is Frankfurt the best option or are there smaller towns that would be an alternative?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Greece mainland and islands
- 7 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 8 Lyon france-- rental car
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Switzerland in September
- 11 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 13 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 14 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 milano trip
- 18 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 21 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 22 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks