I'm currently researching our next Europe trip (Germany, Switzerland & Austria in Sep/Oct) and flying in to Frankfurt from Singapore is an option.
I'm not sure if Frankfurt is the base we're after for approx. 5 nights as it seems like rather a large city which my husband and I are not big fans of (mid 30's, enjoy scenery and nature). We are thinking about doing day trips to Heidelberg, Black Forest and Cologne. Is Frankfurt the best option or are there smaller towns that would be an alternative?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 2 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 If you had to choose one......
- 10 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Portugal with large family
- 17 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 18 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Croatia
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Croatia trip Planning
- 23 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik