We are in the process of planning a trip to the Alsace region of France and Southern Germany for next year. I will be sending a separate post on opinions for this itinerary. We plan to spend 4 or 5 days in Alsace at the end of the trip, leaving from Basel for our flight home to the US. Our intial thoughts were to spend 2 days in Strasbourg and then 2 or 3 days in one of the smaller wine villages. Would you spend your last day staying put in Alsace (one of the wine villages) or go to Basel the day before our flight home to US?
Alsace or Basel
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 Trip around Spain
- 3 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 One more last question on Bayeux
- 16 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 17 Medieval Tallinn
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools