I am working on my itinerary for my upcoming trip to Western/Central Europe.
I would like to see some quaint half-timbered buildings, and other architectural gems. We want to have a balance between cities and towns/villages in our itinerary, and we would be concerned that we would be trying to fit in too much if we tried to do all of the options. Less is more as they say.
We have approximately 8 extra days in our planning to devote to the following regions below. We will be coming from a week in Paris, and ultimately plan to work our way down towards the Berchtesgaden area in southern Bavaria.
We have narrowed down our choices to the Alsace region around Colmar, the Franconia region in Germany, (Bamberg & Rothenburg specifically), or the Mosel region around in and around Cochem.
While it ultimately comes down to a personal preference, which region would you choose and why? I would love to hear your answers and experiences about these regions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 4 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 7 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 8 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 9 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 12 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 13 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 14 Valencia Spain
- 15 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 16 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 17 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 18 Visiting Zurich
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 20 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 21 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 22 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 23 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 24 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 25 Provence Hotel and Flights