I am working on my itinerary for my upcoming trip to Western/Central Europe.
I would like to see some quaint half-timbered buildings, and other architectural gems. We want to have a balance between cities and towns/villages in our itinerary, and we would be concerned that we would be trying to fit in too much if we tried to do all of the options. Less is more as they say.
We have approximately 8 extra days in our planning to devote to the following regions below. We will be coming from a week in Paris, and ultimately plan to work our way down towards the Berchtesgaden area in southern Bavaria.
We have narrowed down our choices to the Alsace region around Colmar, the Franconia region in Germany, (Bamberg & Rothenburg specifically), or the Mosel region around in and around Cochem.
While it ultimately comes down to a personal preference, which region would you choose and why? I would love to hear your answers and experiences about these regions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 2 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 3 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 4 정선바카라＼→不【 WNR94。ZE。AM 】不←＼슈퍼카지노정선바카라
- 5 우리바카라＼为＼『 WNR94。ZE。AM 』＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 코리아바카라＼→不【 WNR94。ZE。AM 】不←＼슈퍼카지노코리아바카라
- 7 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 10 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 15 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 16 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two
- 17 Norway -Trips
- 18 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Norway Self-Drive - Winter 2017
- 23 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 24 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands
- 25 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?