We are landing in Geneva around 29.11 and will have 4-5 days. I dreamed of seeing the alps, Mont Blanc, Chamonix, etc. But I understand that this is a very misty season there and am afraid that we won't be able to see any good mountain views...
Also many of the good hotels are closed in November and only open around 5.12.
1. Any experience with the weather at this time?
2. Any excellent hotels - 5 stars, relais chateaux style...with an alpine view, exterior hot tub - to recommend? In Chamonix or another interesting village?
3. What's best to do - relating to alps, charming villages, etc? I know about the Mont Blanc cable car... Chamonix.... what else is best? (we don't ski).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 11 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 12 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 15 Oyster card?
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 London Theater
- 19 multi city flights to europe
- 20 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 21 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Milan and Lake Como
- 24 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 25 Uber in Rome & Lisbon