We are landing in Geneva around 29.11 and will have 4-5 days. I dreamed of seeing the alps, Mont Blanc, Chamonix, etc. But I understand that this is a very misty season there and am afraid that we won't be able to see any good mountain views...
Also many of the good hotels are closed in November and only open around 5.12.
1. Any experience with the weather at this time?
2. Any excellent hotels - 5 stars, relais chateaux style...with an alpine view, exterior hot tub - to recommend? In Chamonix or another interesting village?
3. What's best to do - relating to alps, charming villages, etc? I know about the Mont Blanc cable car... Chamonix.... what else is best? (we don't ski).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RESTORE AOLASSWORD RECOVERY 1:800:570:1233 CONTACT TEC*H 24/7
- 2 Zurich to Milan trip
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Northern Ireland ideas
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 24 Electrical Power Conversion
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia