We are landing in Geneva around 29.11 and will have 4-5 days. I dreamed of seeing the alps, Mont Blanc, Chamonix, etc. But I understand that this is a very misty season there and am afraid that we won't be able to see any good mountain views...
Also many of the good hotels are closed in November and only open around 5.12.
1. Any experience with the weather at this time?
2. Any excellent hotels - 5 stars, relais chateaux style...with an alpine view, exterior hot tub - to recommend? In Chamonix or another interesting village?
3. What's best to do - relating to alps, charming villages, etc? I know about the Mont Blanc cable car... Chamonix.... what else is best? (we don't ski).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 3 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 4 Iceland france spain
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Amalfi coast in august
- 7 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 10 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 11 Hiking lake Como
- 12 Prem fares (again)
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Top Tapas Tascas
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 19 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 Greece
- 22 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 23 Renting a car in Greece
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living