We are landing in Geneva around 29.11 and will have 4-5 days. I dreamed of seeing the alps, Mont Blanc, Chamonix, etc. But I understand that this is a very misty season there and am afraid that we won't be able to see any good mountain views...
Also many of the good hotels are closed in November and only open around 5.12.
1. Any experience with the weather at this time?
2. Any excellent hotels - 5 stars, relais chateaux style...with an alpine view, exterior hot tub - to recommend? In Chamonix or another interesting village?
3. What's best to do - relating to alps, charming villages, etc? I know about the Mont Blanc cable car... Chamonix.... what else is best? (we don't ski).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 9 Where to buy Saffron?
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 4 days itinerary for France
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 21 When to Visit Scotland
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 House Hunting in France
- 25 Itinerary Tweaking