We are landing in Geneva around 29.11 and will have 4-5 days. I dreamed of seeing the alps, Mont Blanc, Chamonix, etc. But I understand that this is a very misty season there and am afraid that we won't be able to see any good mountain views...
Also many of the good hotels are closed in November and only open around 5.12.
1. Any experience with the weather at this time?
2. Any excellent hotels - 5 stars, relais chateaux style...with an alpine view, exterior hot tub - to recommend? In Chamonix or another interesting village?
3. What's best to do - relating to alps, charming villages, etc? I know about the Mont Blanc cable car... Chamonix.... what else is best? (we don't ski).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 5 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 6 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 7 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Passport proplems
- 10 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 11 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 12 Itinerary help...
- 13 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 14 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 15 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 19 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 24 A week in Paris
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?