Hello, my Fodorite Friends!
For all of you that are familiar with Puglia and/or have visited there recently (I'm talking to YOU Jamikins, Bikerscott, Anna_Galea, HG001London, etc., etc.!). I have so enjoyed all of your Trip Reports of late - thank you for taking the time to share your travels and adventures!
Now I need some help...
My wife and I have traveled throughout Italy but have yet to visit Puglia. Our plan is to remedy this "problem" next May in celebration of our 15th wedding anniversary!
Some quick facts: (Planned) Trip dates: The last 2 weeks of May 2013. 16 days minus 4 air-traveling days = 12 actual days on the ground. Planning to fly Delta and its partners from Charleston, SC to Bari, Italy. We plan to have a rental car during our entire time in Puglia.
My wife and I (both mid to late 30’s) very much enjoy traveling – seeing and experiencing new and different cultures. We enjoy history and amateur photography. But mostly we enjoy eating and trying local specialties.
I've read lots of TRs and have done some preliminary digging on the net. Just received the LP Italy guide and Michelin (Italy South) map I ordered from amazon.
For this trip we do not plan to stay in one place (hotel, masseria, etc.) for more than a couple nights at a time. We've done both this style (moving around a lot) of traveling and the stay in one place for a week and day-trip kind of travel. This time we feel like staying in multiple places.
So with this in mind, I need to know which cities (in your opinions) deserve multiple-night stays.
These are the cities / towns that we plan to visit at this point:
Polignano a Mare
I know that many of these only need 1/2 day visits and will be day-trips from a central location. Any places to add or delete?
Any and all comments are welcomed! Thanks in advance for your information and advice!
All of You PUGLIA-philes....I Need Your Assistance!
Hello, my Fodorite Friends!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in winter
- 2 Florence Hotel Advice
- 3 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 4 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 5 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 6 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 7 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 8 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 9 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 10 Airbnb scam
- 11 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 12 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 13 Viator.com in Turkey
- 14 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 15 Scottish Passport
- 16 Italy tours
- 17 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 18 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 19 Two Days in Prague
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 22 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 23 Bodrum to instanbul
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Can you help me make calls in Italy?