Hello, my Fodorite Friends!
For all of you that are familiar with Puglia and/or have visited there recently (I'm talking to YOU Jamikins, Bikerscott, Anna_Galea, HG001London, etc., etc.!). I have so enjoyed all of your Trip Reports of late - thank you for taking the time to share your travels and adventures!
Now I need some help...
My wife and I have traveled throughout Italy but have yet to visit Puglia. Our plan is to remedy this "problem" next May in celebration of our 15th wedding anniversary!
Some quick facts: (Planned) Trip dates: The last 2 weeks of May 2013. 16 days minus 4 air-traveling days = 12 actual days on the ground. Planning to fly Delta and its partners from Charleston, SC to Bari, Italy. We plan to have a rental car during our entire time in Puglia.
My wife and I (both mid to late 30’s) very much enjoy traveling – seeing and experiencing new and different cultures. We enjoy history and amateur photography. But mostly we enjoy eating and trying local specialties.
I've read lots of TRs and have done some preliminary digging on the net. Just received the LP Italy guide and Michelin (Italy South) map I ordered from amazon.
For this trip we do not plan to stay in one place (hotel, masseria, etc.) for more than a couple nights at a time. We've done both this style (moving around a lot) of traveling and the stay in one place for a week and day-trip kind of travel. This time we feel like staying in multiple places.
So with this in mind, I need to know which cities (in your opinions) deserve multiple-night stays.
These are the cities / towns that we plan to visit at this point:
Polignano a Mare
I know that many of these only need 1/2 day visits and will be day-trips from a central location. Any places to add or delete?
Any and all comments are welcomed! Thanks in advance for your information and advice!
All of You PUGLIA-philes....I Need Your Assistance!
Hello, my Fodorite Friends!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 2 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 3 Transport in Venice
- 4 Kimhe--flamenco
- 5 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 6 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 7 Rome Areas to stay
- 8 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 9 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 10 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 11 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 12 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 13 St Germain
- 14 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 15 Lakes District UK
- 16 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 17 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 18 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 19 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 20 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 21 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 22 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 23 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 24 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 25 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?