Hello, my Fodorite Friends!
For all of you that are familiar with Puglia and/or have visited there recently (I'm talking to YOU Jamikins, Bikerscott, Anna_Galea, HG001London, etc., etc.!). I have so enjoyed all of your Trip Reports of late - thank you for taking the time to share your travels and adventures!
Now I need some help...
My wife and I have traveled throughout Italy but have yet to visit Puglia. Our plan is to remedy this "problem" next May in celebration of our 15th wedding anniversary!
Some quick facts: (Planned) Trip dates: The last 2 weeks of May 2013. 16 days minus 4 air-traveling days = 12 actual days on the ground. Planning to fly Delta and its partners from Charleston, SC to Bari, Italy. We plan to have a rental car during our entire time in Puglia.
My wife and I (both mid to late 30’s) very much enjoy traveling – seeing and experiencing new and different cultures. We enjoy history and amateur photography. But mostly we enjoy eating and trying local specialties.
I've read lots of TRs and have done some preliminary digging on the net. Just received the LP Italy guide and Michelin (Italy South) map I ordered from amazon.
For this trip we do not plan to stay in one place (hotel, masseria, etc.) for more than a couple nights at a time. We've done both this style (moving around a lot) of traveling and the stay in one place for a week and day-trip kind of travel. This time we feel like staying in multiple places.
So with this in mind, I need to know which cities (in your opinions) deserve multiple-night stays.
These are the cities / towns that we plan to visit at this point:
Polignano a Mare
I know that many of these only need 1/2 day visits and will be day-trips from a central location. Any places to add or delete?
Any and all comments are welcomed! Thanks in advance for your information and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Versailles
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 12 Train help for Prague
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Germany train help!
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 19 Where to enjoy Paris
- 20 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 21 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 22 Meteora for older folk
- 23 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 24 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 25 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
Hello, my Fodorite Friends!