We're SO excited for our trip to Italy next week, the last leg being in Venice. We need your expert advice on our plans to take the Alilaguna from our hotel to the Marco Polo Airport. We're staying at the Hotel American Dinesen in Dorsoduro, near the Zattare stop, and trying to figure out how long the ride will take. I've read it can take up to 90 minutes. Our flight leaves at 10:45 am (Lufthansa), so is it safe to say we should be looking at a pick-up time of 7 am to be on the safe side?
We've been looking through all other options, but it seems like hired water taxis, which may take shorter, are expensive. The most reasonable one we found was on Viator, but it had mixed reviews, and we're not sure entirely about where we're meeting the boat.
Any tips and suggestions welcome! (We're willing to spend up to about 40 euros for a transfer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rental car in Italy
- 2 Euro Quiz # 106 - Countries Loving McDonalds the Most!
- 3 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 4 Changes in security at Schiphol
- 5 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 6 Ideas for 5 Nights in Wengen and 3 nights in Lucerne
- 7 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 8 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 9 Switzerland 5 days
- 10 Sardinia- Cala Gonone lodging
- 11 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 12 Help- Advice or experiences traveling with a handicapped person?
- 13 Driver from Rome Fiumincio Airport to Ostia
- 14 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 15 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 16 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 17 Southern Europe Trip for New Travelers
- 18 Itinerary help
- 19 Todi as a stopover?
- 20 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 21 Dordogne Trip Report
- 22 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 23 Vacationing alone in Paris, Switzerland, Croatia and Russia 2016
- 24 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 25 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...