We will be a family of 5 visiting the Alhambra complex in December. We have one child under 12 (free ticket) and one possible student fare (if she has the proper EU student ID card) in the group. I have read that if you have discounted fares in your group, you have to go to the main office to verify the discount before they will validate your tickets. We were planning an afternoon visit with a 2pm entry into the Nasrid Palace. We were going to go directly to the Nasrid gate, but if we get the discount tickets, we will have to go to the main gate. I have read online that it is a huge hassle to go to the main gate to verify tickets and that many people just skip the discounts. Is it really a hassle? I was thinking that since it is December, it might not be as crowded. Does anyone have advice about what we should do? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 SURPRISE TRIP
- 4 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 5 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 6 Paris in August
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 Europe for Beginners
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 11 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 12 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 13 Use of Train Tickets
- 14 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 15 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 16 Short time in Vienna
- 17 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 20 Iceland in January/February
- 21 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 22 Valencia Spain
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator