Since I have yet to get to the actual trip report I wanted to do a short post about this tour. I had emailed Alessandro, based upon the recommendation of Rick Steves. He responded and when we left the US we were under the impression that we had a tour set up for a Wednesday. I did check emails almost daily and did get a solid confirmation from him, 6pm top of the Rialto on Wednesday (9/20). We were quite excited about this little Bacaro tour by the "suave" Alessandro (as Rick described him). On 9/20 we went to the bridge and did meet up with another couple and a single gal waiting for him. They too felt they had a solid reservation with him. As luck would have it we had our international phone along and I had his number. Since he was 20 minutes past the time he said I gave him a call and low and behold he wasn't coming. He said he didn't have 6 people so it was off. I told him we all had confirmations from him and he seemed confused by that. Needless to say we didn't get our little tour and we were all quite disapointed. He never did appologize via email for not showing up nor had he said it was canceled. I really need to post to Rick Steves, just haven't gotten to it. So if you decide to try the tour with him, remember, he isn't real reliable. Shirley
Alessandro Schezzini, Bacaro Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 9 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 10 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 11 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 18 French Basque region
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 21 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 24 Story of the German Christmas star
- 25 Airport ATMs