Since I have yet to get to the actual trip report I wanted to do a short post about this tour. I had emailed Alessandro, based upon the recommendation of Rick Steves. He responded and when we left the US we were under the impression that we had a tour set up for a Wednesday. I did check emails almost daily and did get a solid confirmation from him, 6pm top of the Rialto on Wednesday (9/20). We were quite excited about this little Bacaro tour by the "suave" Alessandro (as Rick described him). On 9/20 we went to the bridge and did meet up with another couple and a single gal waiting for him. They too felt they had a solid reservation with him. As luck would have it we had our international phone along and I had his number. Since he was 20 minutes past the time he said I gave him a call and low and behold he wasn't coming. He said he didn't have 6 people so it was off. I told him we all had confirmations from him and he seemed confused by that. Needless to say we didn't get our little tour and we were all quite disapointed. He never did appologize via email for not showing up nor had he said it was canceled. I really need to post to Rick Steves, just haven't gotten to it. So if you decide to try the tour with him, remember, he isn't real reliable. Shirley
Alessandro Schezzini, Bacaro Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 2 italy
- 3 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 6 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 7 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 8 What still confounds you about travel?
- 9 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 10 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 11 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 12 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 13 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 14 Chip but no PIN
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 20 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 Pronunciation
- 23 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel