Since I have yet to get to the actual trip report I wanted to do a short post about this tour. I had emailed Alessandro, based upon the recommendation of Rick Steves. He responded and when we left the US we were under the impression that we had a tour set up for a Wednesday. I did check emails almost daily and did get a solid confirmation from him, 6pm top of the Rialto on Wednesday (9/20). We were quite excited about this little Bacaro tour by the "suave" Alessandro (as Rick described him). On 9/20 we went to the bridge and did meet up with another couple and a single gal waiting for him. They too felt they had a solid reservation with him. As luck would have it we had our international phone along and I had his number. Since he was 20 minutes past the time he said I gave him a call and low and behold he wasn't coming. He said he didn't have 6 people so it was off. I told him we all had confirmations from him and he seemed confused by that. Needless to say we didn't get our little tour and we were all quite disapointed. He never did appologize via email for not showing up nor had he said it was canceled. I really need to post to Rick Steves, just haven't gotten to it. So if you decide to try the tour with him, remember, he isn't real reliable. Shirley
Alessandro Schezzini, Bacaro Tour
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advises for trip to Russia
- 2 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 3 7 days in Andalucia
- 4 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 5 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 London at Easter
- 8 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 Traveling within Italy
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 14 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 Madrid to Sevilla
- 17 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 18 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 19 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 20 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 21 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 22 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!