Since I have yet to get to the actual trip report I wanted to do a short post about this tour. I had emailed Alessandro, based upon the recommendation of Rick Steves. He responded and when we left the US we were under the impression that we had a tour set up for a Wednesday. I did check emails almost daily and did get a solid confirmation from him, 6pm top of the Rialto on Wednesday (9/20). We were quite excited about this little Bacaro tour by the "suave" Alessandro (as Rick described him). On 9/20 we went to the bridge and did meet up with another couple and a single gal waiting for him. They too felt they had a solid reservation with him. As luck would have it we had our international phone along and I had his number. Since he was 20 minutes past the time he said I gave him a call and low and behold he wasn't coming. He said he didn't have 6 people so it was off. I told him we all had confirmations from him and he seemed confused by that. Needless to say we didn't get our little tour and we were all quite disapointed. He never did appologize via email for not showing up nor had he said it was canceled. I really need to post to Rick Steves, just haven't gotten to it. So if you decide to try the tour with him, remember, he isn't real reliable. Shirley
Alessandro Schezzini, Bacaro Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 2 UK Traveler ? Spare 5 minutes ? Help me please
- 3 spain
- 4 Cost of London travel card/2 for 1
- 5 Rain in Barcelona
- 6 Rome in 6 days
- 7 is there accommodation available over summer at the Sorbonne?
- 8 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 9 2 weeks in Andalusia and Barcelona!
- 10 Transportation in Barcelona
- 11 Assistance with first trip to Europe
- 12 Nice, France September 2013
- 13 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 14 Paris: Hotel Verneuil, Regent, d'Angleterre, Millesime, Aramis (Best Western)
- 15 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 16 Question about justairports
- 17 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 18 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 19 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 20 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 21 Transportation in the Azores
- 22 First trip to Europe - early 20s want to see the highlights
- 23 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 24 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 25 Naples Italy as base for coast?