Since I have yet to get to the actual trip report I wanted to do a short post about this tour. I had emailed Alessandro, based upon the recommendation of Rick Steves. He responded and when we left the US we were under the impression that we had a tour set up for a Wednesday. I did check emails almost daily and did get a solid confirmation from him, 6pm top of the Rialto on Wednesday (9/20). We were quite excited about this little Bacaro tour by the "suave" Alessandro (as Rick described him). On 9/20 we went to the bridge and did meet up with another couple and a single gal waiting for him. They too felt they had a solid reservation with him. As luck would have it we had our international phone along and I had his number. Since he was 20 minutes past the time he said I gave him a call and low and behold he wasn't coming. He said he didn't have 6 people so it was off. I told him we all had confirmations from him and he seemed confused by that. Needless to say we didn't get our little tour and we were all quite disapointed. He never did appologize via email for not showing up nor had he said it was canceled. I really need to post to Rick Steves, just haven't gotten to it. So if you decide to try the tour with him, remember, he isn't real reliable. Shirley
Alessandro Schezzini, Bacaro Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 2 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 5 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 6 Stay away from EF Tours
- 7 Getting cash in Spain
- 8 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 9 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 10 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 11 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 12 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 13 How long in Venice?
- 14 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 15 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 16 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 17 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 18 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 19 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 20 10 days in England
- 21 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 22 Italy things to do?
- 23 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 24 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 25 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?