Since I have yet to get to the actual trip report I wanted to do a short post about this tour. I had emailed Alessandro, based upon the recommendation of Rick Steves. He responded and when we left the US we were under the impression that we had a tour set up for a Wednesday. I did check emails almost daily and did get a solid confirmation from him, 6pm top of the Rialto on Wednesday (9/20). We were quite excited about this little Bacaro tour by the "suave" Alessandro (as Rick described him). On 9/20 we went to the bridge and did meet up with another couple and a single gal waiting for him. They too felt they had a solid reservation with him. As luck would have it we had our international phone along and I had his number. Since he was 20 minutes past the time he said I gave him a call and low and behold he wasn't coming. He said he didn't have 6 people so it was off. I told him we all had confirmations from him and he seemed confused by that. Needless to say we didn't get our little tour and we were all quite disapointed. He never did appologize via email for not showing up nor had he said it was canceled. I really need to post to Rick Steves, just haven't gotten to it. So if you decide to try the tour with him, remember, he isn't real reliable. Shirley
Alessandro Schezzini, Bacaro Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 2 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 3 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 4 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 5 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 6 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 7 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 8 Monet's Giverny
- 9 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 10 Cookware in France
- 11 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 12 apartment
- 13 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 14 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 15 Vaucluse Lavander
- 16 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 17 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 18 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 19 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 20 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 21 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 22 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 23 Ireland train system: first class??
- 24 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report