I'll be in Albania in September. I'm travelling solo. Albania is my first stop. I'm considering spending 8-10 days in the country before moving to Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro. In total, I'll be traveling for 32 days.
My traveling plan is this one for Albania:
- Tirana 2 days
- Berat 1 day
- Drymades - Butrint 2-3 days
- Gjirokastra 1 day
- Shkodra (Koman lake, Valbonë, Theth) 2-3 days.
and then off to Serbia.
I'm planing to travel only by bus in Albania but I don't find recent informations about the bus system, (schedules, etc). From old post, it's seems like the bus system is pretty slow, chaotic and not reliable.
Does anyone have informations about getting your way around Albania. Is it better to rent a car? It's not my first option but if it's the best way to see the country and it's safe I might consider it...
thanks a lot for your answer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in November
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 4 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 7 Munich itinerary review
- 8 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 9 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 10 Football Tickets - Athens
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 13 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 14 Last minute trip to Capri
- 15 3nights in Venice
- 16 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 17 Earthquake near Naples
- 18 Budapest to Kosice
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 21 My 3 days in Venice
- 22 multi city flights to europe
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 25 One week in Europe