I'll be in Albania in September. I'm travelling solo. Albania is my first stop. I'm considering spending 8-10 days in the country before moving to Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro. In total, I'll be traveling for 32 days.
My traveling plan is this one for Albania:
- Tirana 2 days
- Berat 1 day
- Drymades - Butrint 2-3 days
- Gjirokastra 1 day
- Shkodra (Koman lake, Valbonë, Theth) 2-3 days.
and then off to Serbia.
I'm planing to travel only by bus in Albania but I don't find recent informations about the bus system, (schedules, etc). From old post, it's seems like the bus system is pretty slow, chaotic and not reliable.
Does anyone have informations about getting your way around Albania. Is it better to rent a car? It's not my first option but if it's the best way to see the country and it's safe I might consider it...
thanks a lot for your answer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 ROUTER@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Iceland france spain
- 8 Ex-pats with young kids
- 9 Maximizing Norway time
- 10 Greece
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 19 Top Tapas Tascas
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Ludwig Castles
- 25 Best Viking Sites