Hi there everyone,
This is my second post regarding my France honeymoon in September of this year. I am trying to focus now on our Provence section of our trip and have a few questions.
We will be spending our first 3 nights in Paris, either 2 or 3 nights in Provence, and either 3 or 4 nights in Nice.
We have been doing some research on Provence and I think I have narrowed it down to either Aix-en-Provence or St. Remy. Which is a better location in your opinions and why? To give you a better sense of who we are and what we are looking for, these are our top interests: romantic scenery/views, wine, food, some nightlife, shopping and architecture. We are not big museum or church lovers, but if there are some well-known ones in the area, we will choose a couple to see.
I would love some feedback on these two cities, as well as hotel recommendations. Price wise, we have a middle-of-the-road budget. This is our honeymoon, so are willing to spend more for value, but probably no more than 200-250 euros a night.
Also, I understand that many people will say that we are not giving each place enough time and believe me, if we could stay longer, we would. That being said, is it better to give Provence 2 nights or 3 nights? This would then leave either 3 nights or 4 nights for Nice.
I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 2 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 3 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 4 Camino Redux
- 5 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 6 Rungis market Paris
- 7 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 8 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 9 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 10 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 11 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 12 Edgard bus website English version?
- 13 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 14 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 15 MiFi in Italy
- 16 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 19 On my way to Puglia
- 20 A week driving in Bavaria
- 21 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 22 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 23 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 24 Car rental/return near London
- 25 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
Hi there everyone,