Hi there everyone,
This is my second post regarding my France honeymoon in September of this year. I am trying to focus now on our Provence section of our trip and have a few questions.
We will be spending our first 3 nights in Paris, either 2 or 3 nights in Provence, and either 3 or 4 nights in Nice.
We have been doing some research on Provence and I think I have narrowed it down to either Aix-en-Provence or St. Remy. Which is a better location in your opinions and why? To give you a better sense of who we are and what we are looking for, these are our top interests: romantic scenery/views, wine, food, some nightlife, shopping and architecture. We are not big museum or church lovers, but if there are some well-known ones in the area, we will choose a couple to see.
I would love some feedback on these two cities, as well as hotel recommendations. Price wise, we have a middle-of-the-road budget. This is our honeymoon, so are willing to spend more for value, but probably no more than 200-250 euros a night.
Also, I understand that many people will say that we are not giving each place enough time and believe me, if we could stay longer, we would. That being said, is it better to give Provence 2 nights or 3 nights? This would then leave either 3 nights or 4 nights for Nice.
I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Day trip from London in December
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Loire or Provence in January?
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 Europe First Timers
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 25 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
Hi there everyone,