Hi there everyone,
This is my second post regarding my France honeymoon in September of this year. I am trying to focus now on our Provence section of our trip and have a few questions.
We will be spending our first 3 nights in Paris, either 2 or 3 nights in Provence, and either 3 or 4 nights in Nice.
We have been doing some research on Provence and I think I have narrowed it down to either Aix-en-Provence or St. Remy. Which is a better location in your opinions and why? To give you a better sense of who we are and what we are looking for, these are our top interests: romantic scenery/views, wine, food, some nightlife, shopping and architecture. We are not big museum or church lovers, but if there are some well-known ones in the area, we will choose a couple to see.
I would love some feedback on these two cities, as well as hotel recommendations. Price wise, we have a middle-of-the-road budget. This is our honeymoon, so are willing to spend more for value, but probably no more than 200-250 euros a night.
Also, I understand that many people will say that we are not giving each place enough time and believe me, if we could stay longer, we would. That being said, is it better to give Provence 2 nights or 3 nights? This would then leave either 3 nights or 4 nights for Nice.
I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gluten Free in Italy
- 2 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 3 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 4 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 7 A few last minute questions
- 8 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 9 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 10 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 11 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 12 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 13 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 14 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 15 Sentimental Journey
- 16 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 17 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 18 Portugal trains
- 19 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 20 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 21 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Swiss German
- 24 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 25 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
Hi there everyone,