We are a group of moms and daughters celebrating our daughters' college graduations. Our group number is not set - somewhere between 4 and 8, most likely is 6. We plan to spend 4 nights in Aix-en-Provence the last week of May. Our budget is flexible, we prefer not to rent cars, and we will be 2 to a room. We would like to explore the city on foot, and hire a guide/driver to explore the surrounding area. Can you wonderful Fodorites recommend a B & B, hotel or apartment in Aix? Also, any thoughts on tour guides and not-to-be-missed sights or activities in the area would be appreciated. (Our trip is a total of 8 days, 4 in Aix, 4 in Paris.)
Aix-en-Provence: in May with our daughters - where to stay & tour guide
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 3 A Sardinia trip report
- 4 Granada
- 5 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 6 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 7 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 8 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 First time to Switzerland
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 13 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 14 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 15 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 16 Eastern Europe
- 17 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 18 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 19 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 20 Switzerland help...?
- 21 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 24 London to Paris by train
- 25 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics