My DH and I are in shock at the price (app. E100!) of private transportation from the airport to our hotel in Venice (near La Fenice) and wonder if the following combination of bus and taxi would reduce the cost: take the bus from airport to Piazzale Roma, then get a taxi from that point on to hotel. Has anyone done this? Does this reduce the cost? Are taxis available at PZ? If not, any othe suggestions for lowering cost? We don't want to lug our bags over the bridges so all public transportation and walking won't work for us. Thanks a lot for your help.
Airport transportation into Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada
- 2 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 3 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 4 Taormina Sicily
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 caroline_venezia
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 First time to Switzerland
- 10 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 11 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 12 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 13 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 14 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 15 A Sardinia trip report
- 16 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 17 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 18 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 19 First time Ireland trip
- 20 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 21 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 22 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 23 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 24 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 25 22 year olds in Europe