My DH and I are in shock at the price (app. E100!) of private transportation from the airport to our hotel in Venice (near La Fenice) and wonder if the following combination of bus and taxi would reduce the cost: take the bus from airport to Piazzale Roma, then get a taxi from that point on to hotel. Has anyone done this? Does this reduce the cost? Are taxis available at PZ? If not, any othe suggestions for lowering cost? We don't want to lug our bags over the bridges so all public transportation and walking won't work for us. Thanks a lot for your help.
Airport transportation into Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 3 A Week in Spain
- 4 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 5 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 6 Now for the Venice hotel
- 7 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 8 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 9 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 12 week in scotland
- 13 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 14 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 15 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 16 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 17 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 18 Rocamaxour
- 19 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 20 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 21 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 22 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 25 venice, italy