My DH and I are in shock at the price (app. E100!) of private transportation from the airport to our hotel in Venice (near La Fenice) and wonder if the following combination of bus and taxi would reduce the cost: take the bus from airport to Piazzale Roma, then get a taxi from that point on to hotel. Has anyone done this? Does this reduce the cost? Are taxis available at PZ? If not, any othe suggestions for lowering cost? We don't want to lug our bags over the bridges so all public transportation and walking won't work for us. Thanks a lot for your help.
Airport transportation into Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piri-Piri, Pastel de Nata and Port…Perfectly Portugal
- 2 London neighborhood suggestions
- 3 seven days in Portugal
- 4 American electrical gadgets
- 5 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 6 Eating in France-two new books
- 7 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 8 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 9 Spain tips beyond safety
- 10 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 11 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 12 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 13 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 14 I need a haircut
- 15 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 19 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 20 1 week in Croatia
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 23 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 24 german rail ticket question
- 25 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?