My DH and I are in shock at the price (app. E100!) of private transportation from the airport to our hotel in Venice (near La Fenice) and wonder if the following combination of bus and taxi would reduce the cost: take the bus from airport to Piazzale Roma, then get a taxi from that point on to hotel. Has anyone done this? Does this reduce the cost? Are taxis available at PZ? If not, any othe suggestions for lowering cost? We don't want to lug our bags over the bridges so all public transportation and walking won't work for us. Thanks a lot for your help.
Airport transportation into Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 3 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 4 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 5 Toulouse and beyond -
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 8 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 9 Location of hotel in Rome
- 10 Sicily Suggetions
- 11 London hotel
- 12 Paris in April?
- 13 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 14 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 15 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 16 Reims for a day
- 17 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 18 car rental companies Italy
- 19 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 20 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 21 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 What are the best places to see in England
- 24 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 25 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help