I've officially planned out most of my itinerary for a 14 day trip to London and Norwich.
I'm flying into Gatwick at 10am and plan to head straight over to central London to check in to my hostel (address is 16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU, London, England) and spend a day or two. After my sightseeing in London, I want to hop a train/tube to Norwich from a station nearby since I'm a backpacker and don't want to fork out money for taxi's.
Then from Norwich out to Gatwick airport, if it's possible to get a straight shot or if I'll need to stay a night in London before my departing flight.
Mostly, I'm extremely unfamilar with tube/train travel and need advice for which ones to take to get to both of those places and if it's possible to book said tickets in advance or if it's just cheaper to wait.
With various research I've done, I believe I read somewhere that the Oyster card-or certain trains- doesn't allow travels to Norwich (could be wrong). Also I'm sure there will be changes at stations for longer rides or different train/tubes--overground/underground, will these stations be connected or is it like an airport where I'm going to need to head to an entirely different 'terminal' to get on my next train/tube?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 2 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 3 Where in Greece
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 6 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 7 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 10 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 11 Vatican tour
- 12 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 13 Day in Capri
- 14 alcazar question and seville advice
- 15 TSA Precheck
- 16 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 First visit to London
- 19 Paris travel help
- 20 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 23 Rome hotel
- 24 Villa in Italy
- 25 Mobile wifi for Europe travel