I've officially planned out most of my itinerary for a 14 day trip to London and Norwich.
I'm flying into Gatwick at 10am and plan to head straight over to central London to check in to my hostel (address is 16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU, London, England) and spend a day or two. After my sightseeing in London, I want to hop a train/tube to Norwich from a station nearby since I'm a backpacker and don't want to fork out money for taxi's.
Then from Norwich out to Gatwick airport, if it's possible to get a straight shot or if I'll need to stay a night in London before my departing flight.
Mostly, I'm extremely unfamilar with tube/train travel and need advice for which ones to take to get to both of those places and if it's possible to book said tickets in advance or if it's just cheaper to wait.
With various research I've done, I believe I read somewhere that the Oyster card-or certain trains- doesn't allow travels to Norwich (could be wrong). Also I'm sure there will be changes at stations for longer rides or different train/tubes--overground/underground, will these stations be connected or is it like an airport where I'm going to need to head to an entirely different 'terminal' to get on my next train/tube?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Portugal with large family
- 7 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 8 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Croatia
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Croatia trip Planning
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 19 Driving in Italy?
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Tour groups
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 Life on the Farm Draws Some French