I've officially planned out most of my itinerary for a 14 day trip to London and Norwich.
I'm flying into Gatwick at 10am and plan to head straight over to central London to check in to my hostel (address is 16 Leinster Terrace W2 3EU, London, England) and spend a day or two. After my sightseeing in London, I want to hop a train/tube to Norwich from a station nearby since I'm a backpacker and don't want to fork out money for taxi's.
Then from Norwich out to Gatwick airport, if it's possible to get a straight shot or if I'll need to stay a night in London before my departing flight.
Mostly, I'm extremely unfamilar with tube/train travel and need advice for which ones to take to get to both of those places and if it's possible to book said tickets in advance or if it's just cheaper to wait.
With various research I've done, I believe I read somewhere that the Oyster card-or certain trains- doesn't allow travels to Norwich (could be wrong). Also I'm sure there will be changes at stations for longer rides or different train/tubes--overground/underground, will these stations be connected or is it like an airport where I'm going to need to head to an entirely different 'terminal' to get on my next train/tube?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 7 Christmas Day in Granada
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 car insurance italy
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 12 Venice/Mestre
- 13 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Transylvania - June 2018
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 Krakow
- 21 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Pay attention to your watches !
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line