I'm flying from the USA to Rome, and then from Rome to Barcelona. I've heard plenty about both cities' reputations for having lots of pickpockets and the occasional mugging, and about what travelers can do to make themselves less of a target.
I'm planning to take the airport train into the city, and then walk the last few blocks to my hotel. I will have a wheeled suitcase and a backpack. So I will definitely look like a tourist.
What I'd like to know is what precautions others on this forum have taken to stay safe while riding public transit with luggage, or walking from a subway stop to their hotel with luggage.
For whatever it's worth, I've ridden airport trains and walked to hotels with luggage in other cities like San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing, and never been pickpocketed, robbed, or even felt threatened.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라이야기＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노˘생방송카지노
- 2 게임몽릴게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 6 Things to do in Montpellier
- 7 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 8 Leather goods in Florence
- 9 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 10 4 days in Provence in early June
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 13 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 14 France Itinerary Advice
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 17 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 18 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 19 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 22 Trip to Rome
- 23 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 24 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 25 What is the best travel insurance company?