I'm flying from the USA to Rome, and then from Rome to Barcelona. I've heard plenty about both cities' reputations for having lots of pickpockets and the occasional mugging, and about what travelers can do to make themselves less of a target.
I'm planning to take the airport train into the city, and then walk the last few blocks to my hotel. I will have a wheeled suitcase and a backpack. So I will definitely look like a tourist.
What I'd like to know is what precautions others on this forum have taken to stay safe while riding public transit with luggage, or walking from a subway stop to their hotel with luggage.
For whatever it's worth, I've ridden airport trains and walked to hotels with luggage in other cities like San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing, and never been pickpocketed, robbed, or even felt threatened.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스포조이╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 3 인터넷바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 4 생방송바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 5 생중계바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 6 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 7 아시아바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 8 아시안바카라＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 9 윈스카지노＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 10 태백카지노＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 11 엔젤카지노＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 12 빅브라더카지노＼=】￢ＧＯ４２８。ＣoM￢【=＼슈퍼바카라
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 성인 신천지/손오공/바다이야기 ※연결 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 15 성인온라인 릴게임 ▼ 접속 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 16 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 19 Back from Paris
- 20 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Another tipping question: concierges
- 23 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base