In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 2 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 3 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 4 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 5 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 6 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 7 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 8 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 9 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 10 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 11 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 12 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 13 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 14 New Dublin Museum
- 15 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 Cost of Van from CDG
- 18 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 19 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 20 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 21 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 22 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 23 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 24 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 25 German Train travel