In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 Shoes in Scotland
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Naples, Italy
- 11 Ireland in April
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March