In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 3 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 10 Europe for Beginners
- 11 Short time in Vienna
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Getting around London
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Wine Tasting in France
- 21 Iceland in January/February
- 22 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 23 The DCC scam is spreading
- 24 Moldova and Transnistria
- 25 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace