In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 4 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 5 Iceland for Nine Days
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 16 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 23 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 24 3 day trip to iceland
- 25 Alitala