In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Airfare Predictions... May/June 2014?
- 1 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 2 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 3 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 4 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 5 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 Place to propose
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Car in Prague
- 10 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 11 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 12 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 13 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 14 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Three for the road
- 21 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 Public transport from Ostuni
- 24 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 25 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe