In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do after Bernia Express?
- 2 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 3 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Ischia
- 12 9 days in London
- 13 Germany family road trip help!
- 14 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 19 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 22 Lyon
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 25 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY