In the prelim planning stages for our family trip to Italy next year and wondering what folks think re: pricing. Our dates are not flexible, unfortunately, so we're locked into 5/23-6/9. Currently, I've found RT airfare with one stop from DFW to FCO for $1412.50. We didn't travel this year due to the new baby, so I'm admittedly a bit out of touch on pricing. This doesn't seem insanely high since we paid approx $1250 in 2012 for the same flight at the same time of year (purchased those ticketsi in Dec, about 5 months before departure). Anyone care to venture if you think it will drop over the next few months or if this is as good as it's likely to get? When you're buying 6 tickets (my parents are joining us), even a $100 change in fare can make a big difference.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 2 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 3 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 4 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 5 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 6 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 7 Train from Lille to Delft
- 8 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 11 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 12 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 13 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 16 First Time Europe Trip
- 17 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 18 Amalfi or Positano
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 21 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 22 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 23 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 24 Tour or independent
- 25 Ireland Itinerary Help