My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe this summer (July), and after months of debate, we've decided to forgo the "tour" route and plan the whole thing ourselves. While we're really excited about the whole process, we're terrified that we're somehow going to mess things up royally planning it on our own. But we're forging ahead anyways!
This is our plan so far:
Dates: July 8th-22nd (14 days)
Cities we're visiting: London, Paris, Rome (fly into London and out of Rome)
Budget: $8,000 (including airfare)
In wanting to keep our accommodations as budget-friendly as possible, but still wanting to experience the "charm" of Europe, we're hoping to go the "Airbnb" route for our lodging. I've read mixed reviews on Airbnb, but I think that the good has outweighed the bad, so that's what we've decided on.
Does anyone have any overall advice in regards to Airbnb? Or have any recommendations for specific Airbnb homes that they've stayed in in the cities listed above? Or any thoughts in general on our very basic plans thus far? I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train rides
- 2 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 3 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 4 First time in Italy
- 5 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 6 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 7 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 8 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 9 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 10 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 11 italy itinerary request
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 14 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 15 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 16 Renting a car in Florence
- 17 What about Basque Country?
- 18 Salento penninsula
- 19 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 20 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 21 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 22 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 23 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 24 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 25 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe