My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe this summer (July), and after months of debate, we've decided to forgo the "tour" route and plan the whole thing ourselves. While we're really excited about the whole process, we're terrified that we're somehow going to mess things up royally planning it on our own. But we're forging ahead anyways!
This is our plan so far:
Dates: July 8th-22nd (14 days)
Cities we're visiting: London, Paris, Rome (fly into London and out of Rome)
Budget: $8,000 (including airfare)
In wanting to keep our accommodations as budget-friendly as possible, but still wanting to experience the "charm" of Europe, we're hoping to go the "Airbnb" route for our lodging. I've read mixed reviews on Airbnb, but I think that the good has outweighed the bad, so that's what we've decided on.
Does anyone have any overall advice in regards to Airbnb? Or have any recommendations for specific Airbnb homes that they've stayed in in the cities listed above? Or any thoughts in general on our very basic plans thus far? I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 2 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 3 Need help in travel planning
- 4 Loire Valley itinerary
- 5 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 6 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 7 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 8 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 9 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 10 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 11 RHK's Fall escape
- 12 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 13 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 14 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 15 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 16 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 17 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 18 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 A week driving in Bavaria
- 20 9 Days in Portugal!
- 21 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Hiking Dolomites
- 24 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 25 Rome/Bologna Itinerary