My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe this summer (July), and after months of debate, we've decided to forgo the "tour" route and plan the whole thing ourselves. While we're really excited about the whole process, we're terrified that we're somehow going to mess things up royally planning it on our own. But we're forging ahead anyways!
This is our plan so far:
Dates: July 8th-22nd (14 days)
Cities we're visiting: London, Paris, Rome (fly into London and out of Rome)
Budget: $8,000 (including airfare)
In wanting to keep our accommodations as budget-friendly as possible, but still wanting to experience the "charm" of Europe, we're hoping to go the "Airbnb" route for our lodging. I've read mixed reviews on Airbnb, but I think that the good has outweighed the bad, so that's what we've decided on.
Does anyone have any overall advice in regards to Airbnb? Or have any recommendations for specific Airbnb homes that they've stayed in in the cities listed above? Or any thoughts in general on our very basic plans thus far? I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 2 Places to visit from Zurich
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 Scotland itinerary advice
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 9 Positano Hotel in September
- 10 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 13 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 14 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 15 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 16 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 17 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 18 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 19 Paris in August
- 20 Where To Find Adventure In Croatia?
- 21 Norway Hiking Adventure
- 22 Best flight is Vueling airlines, experiences?
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 25 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance