When flying in this region of the world I would fly and take one of the big carriers. I was in the Baltics recently and flew AirBaltic which is the state carrier for Latvia. It was a big mistake. I was away from home on a 4 week business trip and had two large bags. They charged me 315 euros for the extra bag. Their standard policy is one free checked bag of 20kg. They then charge 19 euros for each leg of a journey for an extra bag, but your limit is still 20 kg. Anything above that limit will cost you severely, 10 euros per kg for each leg of your journey. On top of that their flights ran consistently late by 30-90 minutes. Avoid AirBaltic at all costs. I would choose Finnair or SAS. AirBaltic's baggage policy is a new low for any airline, even in today's environment.
Air travel in Scandinavia, the Baltics, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 10 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 11 Trip around Spain
- 12 Trieste as a day trip?
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 16 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 17 Spain - Andalucia
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 One more last question on Bayeux
- 20 banger rally around europe?
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 23 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 24 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 25 Revised itinerary needs approval