When flying in this region of the world I would fly and take one of the big carriers. I was in the Baltics recently and flew AirBaltic which is the state carrier for Latvia. It was a big mistake. I was away from home on a 4 week business trip and had two large bags. They charged me 315 euros for the extra bag. Their standard policy is one free checked bag of 20kg. They then charge 19 euros for each leg of a journey for an extra bag, but your limit is still 20 kg. Anything above that limit will cost you severely, 10 euros per kg for each leg of your journey. On top of that their flights ran consistently late by 30-90 minutes. Avoid AirBaltic at all costs. I would choose Finnair or SAS. AirBaltic's baggage policy is a new low for any airline, even in today's environment.
Air travel in Scandinavia, the Baltics, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 2 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 3 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 4 Car in Prague
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Istanbul hotels
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 17 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 21 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 22 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?