When flying in this region of the world I would fly and take one of the big carriers. I was in the Baltics recently and flew AirBaltic which is the state carrier for Latvia. It was a big mistake. I was away from home on a 4 week business trip and had two large bags. They charged me 315 euros for the extra bag. Their standard policy is one free checked bag of 20kg. They then charge 19 euros for each leg of a journey for an extra bag, but your limit is still 20 kg. Anything above that limit will cost you severely, 10 euros per kg for each leg of your journey. On top of that their flights ran consistently late by 30-90 minutes. Avoid AirBaltic at all costs. I would choose Finnair or SAS. AirBaltic's baggage policy is a new low for any airline, even in today's environment.
Air travel in Scandinavia, the Baltics, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 2 Barcelona or no ?
- 3 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 4 Please help me plan my trip!
- 5 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 6 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 7 Two days in Dublin
- 8 Munich accommodations
- 9 Tax refund in France
- 10 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 11 any airbnb experience in Milan?
- 12 London, Rome and Milan, February 2015 trip report
- 13 buying souviners and art
- 14 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 15 Venice Apartment
- 16 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 17 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 18 Portugal Highways and GPS
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 21 Any experience on Hotel London in Milan
- 22 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 23 European Quiz # 62 ( Wednesday)
- 24 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 25 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?