When flying in this region of the world I would fly and take one of the big carriers. I was in the Baltics recently and flew AirBaltic which is the state carrier for Latvia. It was a big mistake. I was away from home on a 4 week business trip and had two large bags. They charged me 315 euros for the extra bag. Their standard policy is one free checked bag of 20kg. They then charge 19 euros for each leg of a journey for an extra bag, but your limit is still 20 kg. Anything above that limit will cost you severely, 10 euros per kg for each leg of your journey. On top of that their flights ran consistently late by 30-90 minutes. Avoid AirBaltic at all costs. I would choose Finnair or SAS. AirBaltic's baggage policy is a new low for any airline, even in today's environment.
Air travel in Scandinavia, the Baltics, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
- 1 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 2 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 3 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 4 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 5 Four days to wander France???
- 6 Prague Itinerary
- 7 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 8 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 9 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 10 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 11 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 12 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 13 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 14 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 15 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 16 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 17 How Long For Santorini?
- 18 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 19 Car rental Italy
- 20 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 21 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 22 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 23 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 24 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 25 London at Xmas