Hubby and I are off to Germany in September and while staying in the Moselle we are thinking of spending one of our days visiting Burg Eltz and then driving the Ahr Wine Road.
Firstly, is this doable? I wasn't sure how long we would need at Burg Eltz. Since hubby is only being dragged along by me I suspect we won't spend too much time there.
Secondly, does anyone have any "must sees" or recommendations for the Ahr Wine Road? Are there any other sites other than wineries that are worth seeing?
I've been trying to find a winery that offers a cellar or vineyard tour along with a tasting but I am finding that difficult. We did a few tours in Tuscany 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed these so I was hoping to do this again. If someone has any suggestions for this, it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 4 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London (revised)
- 5 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 6 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 7 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 8 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Which area to stay in London
- 12 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 13 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 Itinery help Crete
- 18 Scotland - We're Here!
- 19 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 20 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 21 TIM in FCO - update
- 22 Train / Calabria
- 23 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Southern Italy Help - Part 2