Hubby and I are off to Germany in September and while staying in the Moselle we are thinking of spending one of our days visiting Burg Eltz and then driving the Ahr Wine Road.
Firstly, is this doable? I wasn't sure how long we would need at Burg Eltz. Since hubby is only being dragged along by me I suspect we won't spend too much time there.
Secondly, does anyone have any "must sees" or recommendations for the Ahr Wine Road? Are there any other sites other than wineries that are worth seeing?
I've been trying to find a winery that offers a cellar or vineyard tour along with a tasting but I am finding that difficult. We did a few tours in Tuscany 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed these so I was hoping to do this again. If someone has any suggestions for this, it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 16 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Athens Help
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Berlin -clubs
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland