Hubby and I are off to Germany in September and while staying in the Moselle we are thinking of spending one of our days visiting Burg Eltz and then driving the Ahr Wine Road.
Firstly, is this doable? I wasn't sure how long we would need at Burg Eltz. Since hubby is only being dragged along by me I suspect we won't spend too much time there.
Secondly, does anyone have any "must sees" or recommendations for the Ahr Wine Road? Are there any other sites other than wineries that are worth seeing?
I've been trying to find a winery that offers a cellar or vineyard tour along with a tasting but I am finding that difficult. We did a few tours in Tuscany 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed these so I was hoping to do this again. If someone has any suggestions for this, it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 2 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 3 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 4 Naples, Italy
- 5 Ireland travel passport question
- 6 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 7 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 8 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 9 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 10 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 11 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 12 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 13 Hotel in Vienna
- 14 Engadine Valley help
- 15 Where to buy Saffron?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 17 Tuscany 6 nights
- 18 France & Italy, May or June
- 19 Planning a European Trip
- 20 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 21 1st time in ZURICH
- 22 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 23 French restaurants
- 24 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 25 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!