Hubby and I are off to Germany in September and while staying in the Moselle we are thinking of spending one of our days visiting Burg Eltz and then driving the Ahr Wine Road.
Firstly, is this doable? I wasn't sure how long we would need at Burg Eltz. Since hubby is only being dragged along by me I suspect we won't spend too much time there.
Secondly, does anyone have any "must sees" or recommendations for the Ahr Wine Road? Are there any other sites other than wineries that are worth seeing?
I've been trying to find a winery that offers a cellar or vineyard tour along with a tasting but I am finding that difficult. We did a few tours in Tuscany 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed these so I was hoping to do this again. If someone has any suggestions for this, it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 3 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 4 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Barcelona - places to stay
- 11 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 12 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 13 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 14 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 15 Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 18 Istanbul at Easter
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Palermo Apartment
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 SURPRISE TRIP
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition