Hubby and I are off to Germany in September and while staying in the Moselle we are thinking of spending one of our days visiting Burg Eltz and then driving the Ahr Wine Road.
Firstly, is this doable? I wasn't sure how long we would need at Burg Eltz. Since hubby is only being dragged along by me I suspect we won't spend too much time there.
Secondly, does anyone have any "must sees" or recommendations for the Ahr Wine Road? Are there any other sites other than wineries that are worth seeing?
I've been trying to find a winery that offers a cellar or vineyard tour along with a tasting but I am finding that difficult. We did a few tours in Tuscany 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed these so I was hoping to do this again. If someone has any suggestions for this, it would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 3 Venice
- 4 charming cities in Spain
- 5 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 6 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 7 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 8 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 9 Day in Madrid
- 10 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 11 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Le Marche Research Help
- 14 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 15 Rental car in Menton
- 16 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 17 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 23 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Paris cooking classes