I'm looking for some help finding an agriturismo between Florence & Siena. We will be arriving in Florence by train from Venice, renting a car, driving to an agriturismo for four or five nights, and then returning to Florence to take another train to Salerno for a week on the Amalfi Coast. We'd like to stay north of Siena for several reasons: 1) It will keep the drive shorter, since we're not going to be there for all that long, 2) I'd like to possibly visit San Gimignano and Lucca while we're there, and 3) We spent five days in Montepulciano in 2012 and visited the Val d'Orcia region, so we'd like to check out a different area of Tuscany.
What we're looking for:
- under 200 EUR/night for two people (preferably under 150 EUR)
- Swimming pool and A/C are musts - I know July is going to be hot in Tuscany. (I would LOVE if there was a nice view from the pool as well, ideally!)
- Would love to be walking distance to some sort of town with restaurants.
- Restaurant on site (especially important if it's not easy to walk to a town - we could have lunch out on our adventures, and then dinner back at the agriturismo).
Areas we're considering:
- I found a place that looked great just outside San Gimignano, but it was booked. In San Gimignano in general a good town to stay near?
- What about the towns in Chianti?
- Other places??
I have gone through the previous similar threads on this Forum, looked at TripAdvisor and agriturismo.it, but I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choices, so if someone on here could help point me specifically, that would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 제주신라카지노＼✡™【 UUX74.ZE.AM 】™✡／제주신라카지노
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 1 month in Europe
- 5 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 6 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 9 Paris hotels
- 10 London Hotels
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 13 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 14 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 15 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 16 10 days in Paris and......
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 Iceland in 7 days.
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Luggage Storage
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt