I'm looking for some help finding an agriturismo between Florence & Siena. We will be arriving in Florence by train from Venice, renting a car, driving to an agriturismo for four or five nights, and then returning to Florence to take another train to Salerno for a week on the Amalfi Coast. We'd like to stay north of Siena for several reasons: 1) It will keep the drive shorter, since we're not going to be there for all that long, 2) I'd like to possibly visit San Gimignano and Lucca while we're there, and 3) We spent five days in Montepulciano in 2012 and visited the Val d'Orcia region, so we'd like to check out a different area of Tuscany.
What we're looking for:
- under 200 EUR/night for two people (preferably under 150 EUR)
- Swimming pool and A/C are musts - I know July is going to be hot in Tuscany. (I would LOVE if there was a nice view from the pool as well, ideally!)
- Would love to be walking distance to some sort of town with restaurants.
- Restaurant on site (especially important if it's not easy to walk to a town - we could have lunch out on our adventures, and then dinner back at the agriturismo).
Areas we're considering:
- I found a place that looked great just outside San Gimignano, but it was booked. In San Gimignano in general a good town to stay near?
- What about the towns in Chianti?
- Other places??
I have gone through the previous similar threads on this Forum, looked at TripAdvisor and agriturismo.it, but I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choices, so if someone on here could help point me specifically, that would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 2 3 weeks in Spain
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 5 Rent a car in England
- 6 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 7 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 8 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 9 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 10 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 13 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 14 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 18 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 Edinburgh to Skye
- 21 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 22 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 23 Croatia transportation question.
- 24 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 25 Surprise trip to Greece!