I'm looking for some help finding an agriturismo between Florence & Siena. We will be arriving in Florence by train from Venice, renting a car, driving to an agriturismo for four or five nights, and then returning to Florence to take another train to Salerno for a week on the Amalfi Coast. We'd like to stay north of Siena for several reasons: 1) It will keep the drive shorter, since we're not going to be there for all that long, 2) I'd like to possibly visit San Gimignano and Lucca while we're there, and 3) We spent five days in Montepulciano in 2012 and visited the Val d'Orcia region, so we'd like to check out a different area of Tuscany.
What we're looking for:
- under 200 EUR/night for two people (preferably under 150 EUR)
- Swimming pool and A/C are musts - I know July is going to be hot in Tuscany. (I would LOVE if there was a nice view from the pool as well, ideally!)
- Would love to be walking distance to some sort of town with restaurants.
- Restaurant on site (especially important if it's not easy to walk to a town - we could have lunch out on our adventures, and then dinner back at the agriturismo).
Areas we're considering:
- I found a place that looked great just outside San Gimignano, but it was booked. In San Gimignano in general a good town to stay near?
- What about the towns in Chianti?
- Other places??
I have gone through the previous similar threads on this Forum, looked at TripAdvisor and agriturismo.it, but I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choices, so if someone on here could help point me specifically, that would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 France Itinerary Advice
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 6 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 7 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 8 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 9 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 10 Leather goods in Florence
- 11 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 12 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 13 Trip to Rome
- 14 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 17 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 18 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 22 French election
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 25 Moving Around Amalfi without a car