I'm looking for some help finding an agriturismo between Florence & Siena. We will be arriving in Florence by train from Venice, renting a car, driving to an agriturismo for four or five nights, and then returning to Florence to take another train to Salerno for a week on the Amalfi Coast. We'd like to stay north of Siena for several reasons: 1) It will keep the drive shorter, since we're not going to be there for all that long, 2) I'd like to possibly visit San Gimignano and Lucca while we're there, and 3) We spent five days in Montepulciano in 2012 and visited the Val d'Orcia region, so we'd like to check out a different area of Tuscany.
What we're looking for:
- under 200 EUR/night for two people (preferably under 150 EUR)
- Swimming pool and A/C are musts - I know July is going to be hot in Tuscany. (I would LOVE if there was a nice view from the pool as well, ideally!)
- Would love to be walking distance to some sort of town with restaurants.
- Restaurant on site (especially important if it's not easy to walk to a town - we could have lunch out on our adventures, and then dinner back at the agriturismo).
Areas we're considering:
- I found a place that looked great just outside San Gimignano, but it was booked. In San Gimignano in general a good town to stay near?
- What about the towns in Chianti?
- Other places??
I have gone through the previous similar threads on this Forum, looked at TripAdvisor and agriturismo.it, but I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choices, so if someone on here could help point me specifically, that would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS
- 2 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 3 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 4 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 5 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 November in Rome
- 11 Germany or Sweden
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 14 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 15 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 18 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Sicily help
- 25 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!