I'm looking for some help finding an agriturismo between Florence & Siena. We will be arriving in Florence by train from Venice, renting a car, driving to an agriturismo for four or five nights, and then returning to Florence to take another train to Salerno for a week on the Amalfi Coast. We'd like to stay north of Siena for several reasons: 1) It will keep the drive shorter, since we're not going to be there for all that long, 2) I'd like to possibly visit San Gimignano and Lucca while we're there, and 3) We spent five days in Montepulciano in 2012 and visited the Val d'Orcia region, so we'd like to check out a different area of Tuscany.
What we're looking for:
- under 200 EUR/night for two people (preferably under 150 EUR)
- Swimming pool and A/C are musts - I know July is going to be hot in Tuscany. (I would LOVE if there was a nice view from the pool as well, ideally!)
- Would love to be walking distance to some sort of town with restaurants.
- Restaurant on site (especially important if it's not easy to walk to a town - we could have lunch out on our adventures, and then dinner back at the agriturismo).
Areas we're considering:
- I found a place that looked great just outside San Gimignano, but it was booked. In San Gimignano in general a good town to stay near?
- What about the towns in Chianti?
- Other places??
I have gone through the previous similar threads on this Forum, looked at TripAdvisor and agriturismo.it, but I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choices, so if someone on here could help point me specifically, that would be great!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 2 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 US foods not available in the UK
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Amsterdam and...?
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Andalucia Spain
- 13 Whistle stop family road trip
- 14 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 20 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 Driving in Italy
- 23 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 24 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?