I have reviewed Aegean Airlines website which explains that you are permitted a "normal" size carryon bag (22") so long as it doesn't weigh more than 8 kg. But it doesn't say whether or not a "personal item" such as purse or briefcase is allowed also. That is the norm for US domestic flights but it has been a while since I took an flight within Europe. Our flights are from Rome to Athens and then later from Athens to Frankfurt. I am not as worried for the second flight as the checked bag on the Frankfurt flight is free. But a checked bag on the first flight must be paid for and it is almost twice as much if you don't pay for it until you get to the airport. (Germany is one of the exceptions to the changes the airline implemented last fall to charge for all checked bags on flights within Europe.)
Aegean Airlines - Carry On Rules Allow also a "Personal Item"?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 2 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 3 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 4 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 5 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 9 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 10 Spain for 7 days
- 11 Normandy in October
- 12 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 13 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 14 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 15 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 16 first family trip to Switzerland
- 17 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 18 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 19 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 20 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 21 Biking across Europe
- 22 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 23 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 24 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 25 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015