I have reviewed Aegean Airlines website which explains that you are permitted a "normal" size carryon bag (22") so long as it doesn't weigh more than 8 kg. But it doesn't say whether or not a "personal item" such as purse or briefcase is allowed also. That is the norm for US domestic flights but it has been a while since I took an flight within Europe. Our flights are from Rome to Athens and then later from Athens to Frankfurt. I am not as worried for the second flight as the checked bag on the Frankfurt flight is free. But a checked bag on the first flight must be paid for and it is almost twice as much if you don't pay for it until you get to the airport. (Germany is one of the exceptions to the changes the airline implemented last fall to charge for all checked bags on flights within Europe.)
Aegean Airlines - Carry On Rules Allow also a "Personal Item"?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 14 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 15 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 16 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 17 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 18 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 22 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 23 I dream of Europe
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris