My husband and I are doing a Rhine cruise in November. We have a full day in Cologne, and the itinerary suggests we will be docked until fairly late in the evening. I have always wanted to visit the Cathedral at Aachen, and I'd like advice about whether doing a trip by train from Cologne is trying to cram too much into short daylight hours. Is it realistic to do a morning in Cologne, and then see the Aachen cathedral in the afternoon? I welcome all opinions as I consider this. Of course much will depend on how jetlagged I feel at the time Thank you.
Advisability of day trip from Cologne to Aachen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 3 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 4 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 5 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 6 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 7 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 8 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 9 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 10 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 11 Brugge photo on Bing
- 12 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 13 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 14 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 Help with a small island in Greece
- 17 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 18 Cotswolds village base
- 19 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 20 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 21 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 22 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 23 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 24 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!