My husband and I are doing a Rhine cruise in November. We have a full day in Cologne, and the itinerary suggests we will be docked until fairly late in the evening. I have always wanted to visit the Cathedral at Aachen, and I'd like advice about whether doing a trip by train from Cologne is trying to cram too much into short daylight hours. Is it realistic to do a morning in Cologne, and then see the Aachen cathedral in the afternoon? I welcome all opinions as I consider this. Of course much will depend on how jetlagged I feel at the time Thank you.
Advisability of day trip from Cologne to Aachen
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen rule made easy
- 2 Is using a backpack in Europe safe?
- 3 Italy Spending Budget
- 4 Nice to the luberons
- 5 London hotel tax is 20%
- 6 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 7 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 8 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 9 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 10 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 11 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 12 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 13 Sorrento Advice Please
- 14 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 15 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 16 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 17 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 18 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 19 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 20 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 21 Expat area's in France
- 22 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 23 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 24 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 25 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.