My husband and I are doing a Rhine cruise in November. We have a full day in Cologne, and the itinerary suggests we will be docked until fairly late in the evening. I have always wanted to visit the Cathedral at Aachen, and I'd like advice about whether doing a trip by train from Cologne is trying to cram too much into short daylight hours. Is it realistic to do a morning in Cologne, and then see the Aachen cathedral in the afternoon? I welcome all opinions as I consider this. Of course much will depend on how jetlagged I feel at the time Thank you.
Advisability of day trip from Cologne to Aachen
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 2 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 5 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 River cruises
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 14 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 17 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 18 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 25 Switzerland up close...360 views