I've been reading up on the trains, lockers, etc, and now that I have a bit of a plan, I'm looking for advice.
I arrive in Munich at 7:55 AM on Sunday October 7, the last day of Oktoberfest. I need to get up to Erlangen Sunday evening because of work commitments on Monday, but I hate to miss out on the opportunity to check out Oktoberfest. I'm sure I'll be exhausted from the travel, but I figure I should try it.
So-- looking for advice...
1-- it it worth trekking there for just a few hours?
2-- Can anyone confirm that the train station near Oktoberfest will have luggage lockers? (And while I'll have a 21', my travel companion is likely to have a 26')
3-- what's the easiest way to get from Oktoberfest to Erlangen? (assuming an afternoon at Oktoberfest, i won't be driving! )
Thanks so much!
Advice... Should I try to get in 1 day at Oktoberfest?
- 1 A chacun son goût
- 2 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 3 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 4 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 5 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 6 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 7 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 8 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 11 portugal
- 12 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 13 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 14 I Need To Vent!
- 15 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 16 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 17 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 18 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 19 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 20 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 21 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 22 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 23 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 24 Help with itenerary
- 25 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub