I've been reading up on the trains, lockers, etc, and now that I have a bit of a plan, I'm looking for advice.
I arrive in Munich at 7:55 AM on Sunday October 7, the last day of Oktoberfest. I need to get up to Erlangen Sunday evening because of work commitments on Monday, but I hate to miss out on the opportunity to check out Oktoberfest. I'm sure I'll be exhausted from the travel, but I figure I should try it.
So-- looking for advice...
1-- it it worth trekking there for just a few hours?
2-- Can anyone confirm that the train station near Oktoberfest will have luggage lockers? (And while I'll have a 21', my travel companion is likely to have a 26')
3-- what's the easiest way to get from Oktoberfest to Erlangen? (assuming an afternoon at Oktoberfest, i won't be driving! )
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 2 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 A good book!!
- 9 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 CDG airport and connection time
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 Paris Metro
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 getting to CDG
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Towersey, London