I've been reading up on the trains, lockers, etc, and now that I have a bit of a plan, I'm looking for advice.
I arrive in Munich at 7:55 AM on Sunday October 7, the last day of Oktoberfest. I need to get up to Erlangen Sunday evening because of work commitments on Monday, but I hate to miss out on the opportunity to check out Oktoberfest. I'm sure I'll be exhausted from the travel, but I figure I should try it.
So-- looking for advice...
1-- it it worth trekking there for just a few hours?
2-- Can anyone confirm that the train station near Oktoberfest will have luggage lockers? (And while I'll have a 21', my travel companion is likely to have a 26')
3-- what's the easiest way to get from Oktoberfest to Erlangen? (assuming an afternoon at Oktoberfest, i won't be driving! )
Thanks so much!
Advice... Should I try to get in 1 day at Oktoberfest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Months in Europe
- 2 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 3 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 6 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 7 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 8 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 9 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 10 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 11 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 12 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 13 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 14 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 15 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 16 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 17 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 18 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 19 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 20 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 21 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 22 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 23 Airbnb scam
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 Which is a better hotel location in Rome