I've been reading up on the trains, lockers, etc, and now that I have a bit of a plan, I'm looking for advice.
I arrive in Munich at 7:55 AM on Sunday October 7, the last day of Oktoberfest. I need to get up to Erlangen Sunday evening because of work commitments on Monday, but I hate to miss out on the opportunity to check out Oktoberfest. I'm sure I'll be exhausted from the travel, but I figure I should try it.
So-- looking for advice...
1-- it it worth trekking there for just a few hours?
2-- Can anyone confirm that the train station near Oktoberfest will have luggage lockers? (And while I'll have a 21', my travel companion is likely to have a 26')
3-- what's the easiest way to get from Oktoberfest to Erlangen? (assuming an afternoon at Oktoberfest, i won't be driving! )
Thanks so much!
Advice... Should I try to get in 1 day at Oktoberfest?
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Channel Islands
- 5 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 6 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 7 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Barcelona Transfers
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 15 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 16 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 17 Ireland in a week
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 22 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 23 2 Week European Itinerary
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 Car in Prague