I've been reading up on the trains, lockers, etc, and now that I have a bit of a plan, I'm looking for advice.
I arrive in Munich at 7:55 AM on Sunday October 7, the last day of Oktoberfest. I need to get up to Erlangen Sunday evening because of work commitments on Monday, but I hate to miss out on the opportunity to check out Oktoberfest. I'm sure I'll be exhausted from the travel, but I figure I should try it.
So-- looking for advice...
1-- it it worth trekking there for just a few hours?
2-- Can anyone confirm that the train station near Oktoberfest will have luggage lockers? (And while I'll have a 21', my travel companion is likely to have a 26')
3-- what's the easiest way to get from Oktoberfest to Erlangen? (assuming an afternoon at Oktoberfest, i won't be driving! )
Thanks so much!
Advice... Should I try to get in 1 day at Oktoberfest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 3 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Help with England/Wales tour
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 13 Reykjavik hotels
- 14 Hotels that we found special
- 15 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 16 Too many Trip Reports
- 17 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 18 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 19 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 20 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 21 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 22 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 23 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 24 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15