I've been reading up on the trains, lockers, etc, and now that I have a bit of a plan, I'm looking for advice.
I arrive in Munich at 7:55 AM on Sunday October 7, the last day of Oktoberfest. I need to get up to Erlangen Sunday evening because of work commitments on Monday, but I hate to miss out on the opportunity to check out Oktoberfest. I'm sure I'll be exhausted from the travel, but I figure I should try it.
So-- looking for advice...
1-- it it worth trekking there for just a few hours?
2-- Can anyone confirm that the train station near Oktoberfest will have luggage lockers? (And while I'll have a 21', my travel companion is likely to have a 26')
3-- what's the easiest way to get from Oktoberfest to Erlangen? (assuming an afternoon at Oktoberfest, i won't be driving! )
Thanks so much!
Advice... Should I try to get in 1 day at Oktoberfest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 2 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Vienna highlights
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 10 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Munich
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 16 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 19 Italy
- 20 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 21 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 22 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Two days between St. Ives and London