I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 2 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 3 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Trip around Spain
- 8 Spain - Andalucia
- 9 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 10 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 15 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 16 One more last question on Bayeux
- 17 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools