I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 4 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 5 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 6 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 7 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 10 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 11 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 12 4 Months in Europe
- 13 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 14 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 15 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 16 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 17 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 18 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 19 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 20 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 21 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 22 Airbnb scam
- 23 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 24 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 25 Tipping in the UK