I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Prague?
- 2 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 3 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 4 Walking in Bologna
- 5 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 6 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 7 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 8 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 9 Travel by train in Poland?
- 10 Private driver: Dublin airport to Limerick
- 11 Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi-Ravello-Paestum in one day, is it possible?
- 12 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 13 buying souviners and art
- 14 Why does riding a bike make me think of French food?
- 15 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 16 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 17 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 18 Swiss decisions
- 19 Please help me plan my trip!
- 20 Porto to Salamanca
- 21 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 22 Greece and Turkey
- 23 Napoli logistics
- 24 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 25 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt