I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Armagh?
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 7 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 10 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 11 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 12 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 18 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 19 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 20 Naxos in May
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS