I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 2 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 3 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 4 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 5 Mandarijn Restaurant Amsterdam-A very good Chinese Restaurant
- 6 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 7 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 8 Vienna and side trips
- 9 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 10 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 11 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 12 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 13 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 14 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 15 Emilia Romagna Region
- 16 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 17 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 18 Scottland for a day!
- 19 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 20 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 21 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 22 Provence planning
- 23 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 24 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 25 Back from Bologna, trip report