I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island honeymoon
- 2 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 3 Just a wedding in Sofia, Bulgary
- 4 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 5 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 6 NT in devon and cornwall
- 7 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 8 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 9 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 10 DCC on the increase?
- 11 Paris info required
- 12 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 13 King's Day Amsterdam - 2015!
- 14 Venice - things to do?
- 15 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 16 Italy, June, 11 nights, Flights arrice and depart from Rome (Ciampino)
- 17 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 18 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 19 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 20 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 21 Lyon Arrondissements
- 22 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 23 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 24 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 25 Alilaguna to Rialto?