I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 2 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 3 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 4 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 7 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 8 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 9 Unique Venice Activity
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 Chip but no PIN
- 12 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 13 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 14 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 15 car rental advice in Portugal
- 16 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 17 What to wear
- 18 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 19 Small group for Colosseum
- 20 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 21 Lofoten ferry
- 22 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 23 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 24 Duoro river cruises
- 25 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer