I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 2 wineries near Ronda
- 3 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 4 Mid 20's first time in Paris - where to stay?!
- 5 travel to western Europe from India
- 6 Fun, free language website
- 7 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 8 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 9 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 10 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 11 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 12 Stay away from EF Tours
- 13 I'm in a funk
- 14 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 15 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 16 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 19 Bike touring in France
- 20 Does this sound feasible?
- 21 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 22 Tour Group Operators
- 23 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 24 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 25 Lake Como in October- when does season change