I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 2 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 6 American Express
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 9 Story of the German Christmas star
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Airport ATMs
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 22 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 23 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 24 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 25 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma