I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 3 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 4 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 5 German Wings
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 8 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 9 Spain in 17 days
- 10 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 11 Sea side in Italy
- 12 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 13 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 14 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 15 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 16 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 17 Our first trip to Europe
- 18 Booking Engines You trust?
- 19 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 20 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 21 Using Obb website
- 22 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 23 Milan underground
- 24 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 25 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!