I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 2 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 5 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 6 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Advises for trip to Russia
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 13 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 14 Planning a holiday
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 Traveling within Italy
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 22 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites