I'm renting an apartment in Paris that requires a cash security deposit in the amount of 700 - payable in either euros or dollars on check-in. The deposit will be returned in the same form when we check-out, assuming the apartment is left in good condition. The problem is that our week in Paris is the last leg of a three-week trip and we check out on a Saturday. I don't like the idea of carrying around $700 for two weeks before we get to Paris and though I don't mind withdrawing euros when we get to Paris, I don't like the idea of coming back to the US with 700 euros and having to exchange them here. This is my first experience renting and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this situation and how you handled it.
Advice requested re security deposit on Paris apartment
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 4 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 12 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 13 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 14 Swiss rail passes
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 17 London day trips, especially castles
- 18 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 22 Day trips from Marseille
- 23 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 24 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014