First and foremost, I want to say thank you. I have turned to these forums for the last few months and have learned so much already. After struggling with doubts about a few choices, I wanted to post here to ask for some advice for our trip next month.
My husband and I are in our late 20s and will be traveling from Sept 22nd - Oct 5th. We were fortunate enough to be provided with free round trip business class airfare on Edelweiss, but are required to fly in/out of Zurich. However, we don't have much of an interest in Zurich since there are so many other wonderful places to visit. We are mainly interested in the B.O. area of Switzerland and the Bavarian porition of Germany. We thought it best to do the "loop" idea to start and end in Zurich. We will be traveling mostly by train, with the exception of having a rental car during our Germany portion. We enjoy scenery/nature, a little adventure, and some relaxing and soaking it all in as well.
Our tenative plans are as follows:
Saturday - Arrive Zurich 10 am. Leave for Lauterbrunnen (our base for B.O) around 2pm. Explore Lauterbrunnen and check into hotel for an early evening.
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday - Gimmelwald, Jungfrau, Trummelbach Waterfalls, Murren
* Need to figure out a way to get to Chur or St. Moritz to do Bernina Express on Wednesday
Wednesday - Bernina Express...Start at Chur or St. Moritz, lunch in Poschiavo, ending in Tirano. We don't have an interest in staying in these areas, mainly just want to do the B.E.
* We would like to go to Venice from here, but we're finding that we may only be able to go back through Milan and then on to Venice. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Thursday - Venice
Friday - Venice - Night train to Salzburg
Saturday - Salzburg
Sunday - Salzburg/Hallstatt
Monday - Pick up rental car in Munich. Visit Oktoberfest (I have read that one day here is enough). Stay the night somewhere else...rooms were too expensive in Munich.
Tuesday & Wednesday - Germany
* Not sure what areas, but strongly considering Stuttgart and the Black Forest area since we would like to visit the Porsche museum
Thursday - Fussen - Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau Castles
Friday - Leave Fussen early to make 1pm flight out of Zurich
Are we trying to do too much? We've scaled our trip back quite a bit, and I would be heartbroken to miss out on some of these areas... but then again I don't want to kick myself later for not slowing down a little.
Does the order make sense? We thought about changing it go to St. Moritz first, then tack on the B.O. at the end to avoid some of the connection issues between the Berner Oberland to the Bernina Express, and Tirano to Venice. My concern is that we may spend an extra day here and there, and I don't want to cut short our time in the B.O. since we are most excited about visiting that area.
If we stick to the current order, do you have any suggestions for getting to the Bernina Express from the Jungfrau area? What about from Tirano to Venice?
Suggestions for a railpass? We considered the 3 country Eurail pass, but the trip from Venice to Salzburg would cost us more than just adding a 4th country (Austria). Also, since we will be doing most of our train travel in Switzerland, would it make more sense to get a Swiss Pass, and make other arrangements for the other train trips? I looked at the prices and wasn't impressed, so I honestly felt like the Eurail would be a better option. Thoughts or experience on this?
Sorry for all of the questions, but I think I'm starting to panic since our trip is 6 weeks away. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 켑틴프라이드 릴게임 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 다빈치 릴게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Where's the abuse button?
- 4 원정카지노주소 ■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■라이브카지노そ라이브카지노
- 5 마카오바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라주소ぜ인터넷바카라주소
- 6 실시간정선카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노ガ인터넷카지노
- 7 싱가폴바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ブ온라인바카라
- 8 국제바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라추천か인터넷바카라추천
- 9 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 10 황금성 온라인게임 ▼ 접속 :≫tt349.com≪
- 11 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 12 헬로우카지노추천■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생방송카지노ハ생방송카지노
- 13 My Topic Title호게임바카라확률■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노추천さ카지노추천
- 14 생활바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라주소カ인터넷바카라주소
- 15 릴게임야마토 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 16 Scotland Questions
- 17 혼롬바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라イ바카라
- 18 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 19 코스닥전종목시세 투자금융 oninve.com
- 20 전종목시세 국제증시 oninve.com
- 21 Help with basic itinerary
- 22 증권가 해외증시현황 oninve.com
- 23 생방송바카라하는곳■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■마블카지노ら마블카지노
- 24 팜스바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노ふ인터넷카지노
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
Advice Requested - Itinerary Check for Switzerland/Germany/Northern Italy