We will be in Paris next week and are considering a day trip to Metz. Any suggestions as to organizing our trip? We want to visit the Pompidou--not particularly interested in the exhibits that are on view but want to see the architecture. Is it a waste to go to the museum if the exhibits are not of interest? Do we need to buy tix in advance? If so, can we buy them in Paris? We also want to see the church with the Chagall stained glass and just walk around the city and take in the scenery especially around the waterside. Would also want to have a nice lunch. Will be taking the TGV--although prices seem expensive. Any comments--is this a worthwhile day trip? Thanks!
Advice Requested for day trip Paris to Metz
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 4 Budget for 3 Month's
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 Italian cooking classes
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 10 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 London visit
- 13 Questions for my German friends
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 17 21 Days in Central Europe
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 20 Chip but no PIN
- 21 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 24 Madrid and London
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris