We will be in Paris next week and are considering a day trip to Metz. Any suggestions as to organizing our trip? We want to visit the Pompidou--not particularly interested in the exhibits that are on view but want to see the architecture. Is it a waste to go to the museum if the exhibits are not of interest? Do we need to buy tix in advance? If so, can we buy them in Paris? We also want to see the church with the Chagall stained glass and just walk around the city and take in the scenery especially around the waterside. Would also want to have a nice lunch. Will be taking the TGV--although prices seem expensive. Any comments--is this a worthwhile day trip? Thanks!
Advice Requested for day trip Paris to Metz
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 2 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 3 Venice in Jan
- 4 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 5 Southern France
- 6 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 7 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 8 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 9 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 12 Spain Travel
- 13 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Public transport from Ostuni
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Itinerary Questions
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 20 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 21 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 22 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris