We will be in Paris next week and are considering a day trip to Metz. Any suggestions as to organizing our trip? We want to visit the Pompidou--not particularly interested in the exhibits that are on view but want to see the architecture. Is it a waste to go to the museum if the exhibits are not of interest? Do we need to buy tix in advance? If so, can we buy them in Paris? We also want to see the church with the Chagall stained glass and just walk around the city and take in the scenery especially around the waterside. Would also want to have a nice lunch. Will be taking the TGV--although prices seem expensive. Any comments--is this a worthwhile day trip? Thanks!
Advice Requested for day trip Paris to Metz
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 First Time to UK since 2001
- 5 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 13 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 14 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 15 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 16 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 17 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 20 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 21 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 22 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 23 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 24 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia