We will be in Paris next week and are considering a day trip to Metz. Any suggestions as to organizing our trip? We want to visit the Pompidou--not particularly interested in the exhibits that are on view but want to see the architecture. Is it a waste to go to the museum if the exhibits are not of interest? Do we need to buy tix in advance? If so, can we buy them in Paris? We also want to see the church with the Chagall stained glass and just walk around the city and take in the scenery especially around the waterside. Would also want to have a nice lunch. Will be taking the TGV--although prices seem expensive. Any comments--is this a worthwhile day trip? Thanks!
Advice Requested for day trip Paris to Metz
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 2 Augsburg with kids
- 3 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 4 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 5 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 8 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 11 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 12 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 13 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 16 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 17 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 23 Munich
- 24 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!