Looking for recommendations for Ireland with our two young daughters ages 3 & 7. 10 days in August 2016. We will probably fly into/out of Dublin and stay one day/night in Dublin upon arrival and again stay another day/night before departure. Looking for recommendations how to spend our (approximately) 8 days between arrival/departure. Would like to stay in one self-catering house for the whole 8 days and make day trips ....or perhaps two locations for 4 days each. Would prefer not to spend tons of time in the car. We definitely don't need to be focused on activities specifically designed for kids however they will be with us all the time so we will be looking for family-friendly activities. (Eg: in a recent trip to France we all enjoyed a trip to a Fromagerie to learn about the cheese making process and a trip to a artisan boulanger to learn about the traditional bread making process. And we all enjoyed touring big castles and hiking in the beautiful countryside ... so looking for recommendations as far as those sorts of family-friendly activities....and which County(ies) in Ireland do you recommend that we stay in/focus on......?
thank you very much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chania
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 5 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 6 Spanish food - not that special?
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 9 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 12 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 13 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Car rental in Santorini port
- 25 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
Advice requested - 10 days in Ireland with 3 & 7 year olds