Looking for recommendations for Ireland with our two young daughters ages 3 & 7. 10 days in August 2016. We will probably fly into/out of Dublin and stay one day/night in Dublin upon arrival and again stay another day/night before departure. Looking for recommendations how to spend our (approximately) 8 days between arrival/departure. Would like to stay in one self-catering house for the whole 8 days and make day trips ....or perhaps two locations for 4 days each. Would prefer not to spend tons of time in the car. We definitely don't need to be focused on activities specifically designed for kids however they will be with us all the time so we will be looking for family-friendly activities. (Eg: in a recent trip to France we all enjoyed a trip to a Fromagerie to learn about the cheese making process and a trip to a artisan boulanger to learn about the traditional bread making process. And we all enjoyed touring big castles and hiking in the beautiful countryside ... so looking for recommendations as far as those sorts of family-friendly activities....and which County(ies) in Ireland do you recommend that we stay in/focus on......?
thank you very much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 3 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 4 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 5 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 6 Short Trip to Paris
- 7 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 8 Help with basic itinerary
- 9 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 10 Visit to Engand
- 11 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 12 Cinqueterre
- 13 Final Four
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Parking in Girona
- 16 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 17 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 18 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 19 SNCF - low price for summer
- 20 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 21 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 22 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 23 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 24 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 25 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
Advice requested - 10 days in Ireland with 3 & 7 year olds