Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Advice Please! France with Kids - Where to go?
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Rome Accommodation
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 rent car / Munich
- 9 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Italian Lakes gardens
- 12 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 13 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?