Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US to Toulouse, connecting through Gatwick - how much connection time?
- 2 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 3 tipping
- 4 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 5 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 6 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 7 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 8 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 9 How many nights in Lucerne, how many in Lauterbrunnen?
- 10 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 11 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 12 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 13 What clothes?
- 14 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 15 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 16 Advice about Naples?
- 17 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 18 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 19 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 20 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 21 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 22 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 23 Oslo airport to hotel
- 24 Paris and Lyon
- 25 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux