Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia in December
- 2 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 3 Budapest Hotels
- 4 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 8 First trip to Italy
- 9 Ireland & Scotland
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 14 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 15 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 23 4 days in switzerland
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford