Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Perugia
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 4 Help please
- 5 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 8 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 14 CDG much improved
- 15 Praiano
- 16 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 19 Norway fjord
- 20 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 21 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?