Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 6 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 car for four adults and four bikes
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 21 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 22 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions