Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Advice Please! France with Kids - Where to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 2 London visit
- 3 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 4 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 9 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 10 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 11 21 Days in Central Europe
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 14 My itinerary for Greece
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 London 2nd time around
- 21 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 22 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 23 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March