Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Advice Please! France with Kids - Where to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Sardinia trip report
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 7 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 8 Granada
- 9 Coffee in Naples
- 10 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Eastern Europe
- 13 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 14 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 15 Azores
- 16 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 17 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 18 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 4 weeks in the UK
- 21 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 24 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 25 First time to Switzerland