Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Advice Please! France with Kids - Where to go?
- 1 Travel from Sorrento to Naples in the early morning?
- 2 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 3 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 4 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 5 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 6 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 7 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 8 Places to visit from London
- 9 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 10 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 11 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 12 Do and don't, eating in France
- 13 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 14 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 15 Getting the best our of Europe
- 16 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 17 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 18 Paris museums free admission
- 19 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 20 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 21 Spain with kids
- 22 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 23 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 24 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 25 Meeting up at CDG