Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 2 Rome or Venice first
- 3 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Loire or Provence in January?
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 10 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 13 Day trip from London in December
- 14 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 15 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 18 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 21 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4