Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tell me about the Dupleix Metro stop area of Paris
- 2 First Trip to Italy. Need Help on Accommodations in Tuscany
- 3 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 6 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 7 Italy, Spain and France
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 9 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 10 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 11 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 12 Montpellier - A few questions
- 13 My summer in Paris
- 14 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 15 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 16 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 17 November in Greece
- 18 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 19 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 20 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 21 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 22 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 23 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 24 Dingle Slea Head Tour or Coastline Tour
- 25 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?