Our family is looking to do a home exchange to Europe with another family next summer. We have 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 6. We have received a number of interesting offers to go to France. Although my oldest and I went to Spain last year, this would be my husband and younger childrens' first trip to Europe.
We are most looking forward to experiencing another culture, enjoy outdoor activities, and would have a maximum of 2 weeks to spend.
So, where in France would you suggest we go?
We are currently considering an offer to visit Provence (near Aix-en-Provence) for next July. My concern is that we can not go to France without seeing Paris, so while I feel like the country fits our family's interests better, I wonder if it would be better to look for an exchange to Paris? Or should we just visit Paris at one end of a trip to Provence, or possibly the Dordogne region?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 3 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 8 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 How the kids age calculated
- 13 Help required with Itinerary
- 14 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 15 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 16 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Flat in London
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents