I am trying attempting to find the most desirable way to spend the last 4 nights of our family vacation which is coming up in June/July 2012. This is a dream come true for our family and husbands/kids/grandmas first time in Europe.
The first part of our trip is already planned - rome + cruise stopping in Greece, Italy, Croatia ending in Venice. Venice to Milan.Milan to Lake Como for 2 nights. What a start!
At this point we really could use advice from some expert Switzerland, France travelers.
We are traveling at this point with 2 kids 9 years old & grandma that can get around easily but probably doesn't want to spend the days hiking in the hills.
Would anyone suggest Como by train to Luzern? Stopping in Bern, Lausanne or near Chillon Castle?
Or Como to Lausanne, then maybe renting a car to drive around Lake Geneva casually to give us more time in Geneva. Maybe a day trip into France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 4 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Can parking
- 16 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 17 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 20 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 23 San Sebastián
- 24 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 25 italy Cinque Terre
Advice on route from Bellagio,Lake Como to Geneva airport Switzerland