I am trying attempting to find the most desirable way to spend the last 4 nights of our family vacation which is coming up in June/July 2012. This is a dream come true for our family and husbands/kids/grandmas first time in Europe.
The first part of our trip is already planned - rome + cruise stopping in Greece, Italy, Croatia ending in Venice. Venice to Milan.Milan to Lake Como for 2 nights. What a start!
At this point we really could use advice from some expert Switzerland, France travelers.
We are traveling at this point with 2 kids 9 years old & grandma that can get around easily but probably doesn't want to spend the days hiking in the hills.
Would anyone suggest Como by train to Luzern? Stopping in Bern, Lausanne or near Chillon Castle?
Or Como to Lausanne, then maybe renting a car to drive around Lake Geneva casually to give us more time in Geneva. Maybe a day trip into France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 2 Globus Iberian Tour
- 3 Spain: train/rental car help
- 4 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 Budapest Card
- 7 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 8 UK in May and June
- 9 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 15 Bath/Cotswolds
- 16 Shorts in South of France?
- 17 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 18 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 19 base for Andalucia
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
Advice on route from Bellagio,Lake Como to Geneva airport Switzerland