I am trying attempting to find the most desirable way to spend the last 4 nights of our family vacation which is coming up in June/July 2012. This is a dream come true for our family and husbands/kids/grandmas first time in Europe.
The first part of our trip is already planned - rome + cruise stopping in Greece, Italy, Croatia ending in Venice. Venice to Milan.Milan to Lake Como for 2 nights. What a start!
At this point we really could use advice from some expert Switzerland, France travelers.
We are traveling at this point with 2 kids 9 years old & grandma that can get around easily but probably doesn't want to spend the days hiking in the hills.
Would anyone suggest Como by train to Luzern? Stopping in Bern, Lausanne or near Chillon Castle?
Or Como to Lausanne, then maybe renting a car to drive around Lake Geneva casually to give us more time in Geneva. Maybe a day trip into France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour groups
- 2 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 3 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 4 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 5 Ireland in April
- 6 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Baby Milk
- 14 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs
Advice on route from Bellagio,Lake Como to Geneva airport Switzerland