I am trying attempting to find the most desirable way to spend the last 4 nights of our family vacation which is coming up in June/July 2012. This is a dream come true for our family and husbands/kids/grandmas first time in Europe.
The first part of our trip is already planned - rome + cruise stopping in Greece, Italy, Croatia ending in Venice. Venice to Milan.Milan to Lake Como for 2 nights. What a start!
At this point we really could use advice from some expert Switzerland, France travelers.
We are traveling at this point with 2 kids 9 years old & grandma that can get around easily but probably doesn't want to spend the days hiking in the hills.
Would anyone suggest Como by train to Luzern? Stopping in Bern, Lausanne or near Chillon Castle?
Or Como to Lausanne, then maybe renting a car to drive around Lake Geneva casually to give us more time in Geneva. Maybe a day trip into France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 7 Greek Islands (small)
- 8 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Scotland in 7 Days
- 11 Azores
- 12 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Cascais or Algarve?
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 19 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 20 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 21 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 22 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 25 Short Trip in July
Advice on route from Bellagio,Lake Como to Geneva airport Switzerland